TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 01:56 AM   #2661
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:
1994 mitsubishi VR4 (twin 16Gs), 1991 eagle talon tsi (hx35)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rturbo 930 View Post
Why did you ask them not to grant anyone else use of the parking garage? That was pretty selfish IMO. As far as getting hurt, I think people can handle themselves.
My guess with that would probably be that since they are the ones that first got permission to use the spot, they probably have their names somehow attached to the spot, so if somebody gets hurt or killed it might come down on them. Thats just my guess tho.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #2662
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
people will still show up.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
Old 03-12-2010, 02:17 AM   #2663
Vinny
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2979

My Ride:
'95 Lexus SC300

They will still show up. I dont doubt that. Meet was good while it lasted....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

You can Try and Fail, but never Fail at Trying.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #2664
bugeye1257
Tri-State Addict

Member #8105

My Ride:
2002 subaru wrx/holset power ;)

wow, me and a couple of my buddies were gonna go to this tonight. what do you expect out of a car meet? you guys are making this sound more like a military camp or something haha. there are tons of meets that dont have any staff at all and are doing just fine by themselves, yeh there are some revs here and there but nothing out of control. it seems like youre taking this way to serious then it needs to be. i understand youre point about safety and im all about that but i havnt heard of anything bad happening at this meet? so what, someone parked there miata in a stairwell, its not like they were going to drive down the steps; plus that would of been some good shots of the car lmao. instead of just watching it happen, say something to them. some of the meets that i go to, if someone is acting stupid we tell them to stop or just tell them to leave and we go on our ways. you guys are closing down a awesome meet because there aren't enough staff members? i dont get it haha
Old 03-12-2010, 02:32 AM   #2665
Plastik Racer
Tri-State Addict

Member #1981

My Ride:
99 Subaru Impreza, 03 Subie legacy DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvr4 View Post
My guess with that would probably be that since they are the ones that first got permission to use the spot, they probably have their names somehow attached to the spot, so if somebody gets hurt or killed it might come down on them. Thats just my guess tho.
you hit the nail on the head, since there is a permit for the meet any and all goings on fall on those who's name is on it. Its not like a regular meet at a parking lot that no one gets pin'd if two cars crash or someone gets hit and the cops just kick you out. Its sad that it had to come to this but small spaces make a cluster****. I'm sure everyone will find other meets like the ones that they talk about on here that don't have people telling others to slow down or rev and they'll have a great ricer time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:58 AM   #2666
liberta
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14565

My Ride:
Skittle

Weak sauce. Here, I actually had a good meet to look forward to, and of all the ways this meet could of ended, im still shocked. I understand you put your names to this, but so did tristatetuners. We as a group, went through ALOT to get this approved. Its really a shame that the meet was impulsively terminated. The meet was already given the 2nd chance by the county, And it prospered. Now the meets in a pinch, so your shutting it down so noone gets hurt? All hope isnt gone Gabe, True, Assholes will be Assholes, nothing will change that, but alot of good people came together to make this meet as good as it was. But if your truly ready to give up, then /thread.

- 04 NSRT4 Stage 2+
Quote:
Liberta you are the SJ meet president. You're supposed to be at every meet. No excuses.
Quote:
someone comes up to you at a meet, you think he's gonna talk about your car but then he's like "this is your car right? i saw your car in traffic one day and some blonde bitch was sucking your dick....*high five*"
Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #2667
blackvr4
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2558

My Ride:
1994 mitsubishi VR4 (twin 16Gs), 1991 eagle talon tsi (hx35)

liberta, although I understand how u can view this as an impulsive way to shut down a meet( I cant argue with you on that observation) but you have to see it threw the peoples eyes that actually put there names on the permit for it, although I didn't see anything out of the ordinary today at the meet so I for one was cought by surprise when gabe started kicking people out at 10PM, so i'm sure there is something else going on that we don't know about.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:31 AM   #2668
DelayedZ
Tri-State Addict

Member #2999

My Ride:
2016 Scion FR-S (Halo White)

I am so glad I didn't waste my time driving out last night, lol. That would of been a helluva drive just to be told to go home. One of these days I'll get to meet everybody, lol.

; 2003 SS 350Z Track (Sold)
Old 03-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #2669
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
WOW! I miss one week and you guys are trying to shut it down. That sucks......
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #2670
gtsiawd96
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #227

My Ride:
1995 Eagle talon Tsi Awd

Send a message via AIM to gtsiawd96
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelayedZ View Post
I am so glad I didn't waste my time driving out last night, lol. That would of been a helluva drive just to be told to go home. One of these days I'll get to meet everybody, lol.
^ x2.

I ended pulling stuff apart just to ultimately not fix anything at all. Doing jobs twice sucks.

1995 Tsi AWD
307awhp@24psi
Track numbers coming soon.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #2671
DelayedZ
Tri-State Addict

Member #2999

My Ride:
2016 Scion FR-S (Halo White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsiawd96 View Post
^ x2.

I ended pulling stuff apart just to ultimately not fix anything at all. Doing jobs twice sucks.
I was attempting to help my friend out with his Evo, lol, it mainly turned into me watching him and him doing things after I failed a few attempts of moving his intercooler piping, lol

; 2003 SS 350Z Track (Sold)
Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 AM   #2672
devildog214
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15356

My Ride:
1994 Pontiac Trans Am

damn this sucks, i was there last night and i knew it was gonna turn bad. No one was at the door, people just floored in, people reving, music playing. Last meet and i decided to carpool...fml. Yeah i kinda wish it was like the old carmeet in the summer, 10-20 people, wasnt the best cars but it wasnt a circus.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM   #2673
CrazylilPunk
Tri-State Addict

Member #8796

My Ride:
Broom Stick

RIP

I called that this would happen after the second time I went here, some ass holes will always wreck a good thing. Thankyou to all the guys who had this running for all of the members including myself to enjoy, and **** you, to the people who could'nt act mature.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:07 AM   #2674
b0bbY
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #5350

My Ride:
03 Mini Cooper S Alpine White/Black

Send a message via AIM to b0bbY Send a message via Yahoo to b0bbY
I cruised through...with the amount of people everyone is gonna have to pitch in and stop the idiots from being idiots...i dunno what went down..i cruised through around 10.... Was kewl...i was hoping to bring some peeps from the broomall meet...next week or the following...im sure it won't just stop....atleast I hope..
Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #2675
Gabe4AFE
Tri-State Addict

Member #14153

My Ride:
96 Ford Explorer Sport - 4x4

Send a message via AIM to Gabe4AFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvr4 View Post
Pretty much on the head here.

Sorry all of you guys feel the way you do... but without dedicated staff members like myself, we can't run the meet. The space is too small for what we were trying to do.

I wish I could run the meet, I really do, and I know assholes will be assholes, but this got way out of hand at this location and it was ultimately too small for what we wanted to do. Too many assholes to handle correctly.

I am already looking at new locations through the county to see what we can find...

Without proper staffing this meet will be nothing but a cluster ****.. someone is either going to be pissed off at some random for telling them to turn their **** down, or stop doing this, snap out, next thing you know, we got BB all over again... I don't want my hands in any part of that...

Sorry Everyone. I am already working on another location, that will be strictly TST.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #2676
01PewterCamaroSS
Noob-Jersey

Member #15934

My Ride:
01 Camaro SS

It was fun while it lasted...but I knew it was going to get shut down. You really have no one to blame but yourselves to be honest with ya. You were handed the rules EVERY night and decided not to follow them...thank you to everyone who reved there engines, played there loud music, and continually acted like idiots your the reason it got shut down...and Gabe I dont blame you its like trying to look after a whole bunch of little kids, I know my group I brought out tryed to help control the revving but you yell at them and they rev louder
Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #2677
BLKSheep5
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14034

My Ride:
01' Dodge Dakota R/T

majority of these rule breakers aren't even tst users..
no matter what meet it won't last forever, period.

you'll always have those people who can't handle a good thing.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #2678
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Hey I have an idea...let's make everything into a tremendous deal! Gabe, I thought we got somewhere last night, I guess not. Meets will run themselves, you won't find a team of 10+ people to give up their night to work cause well, most really don't want to, it's rediculous. There's a lot I'd like to say but it will only start more arguments so I'll just leave it at what I already said, you guys made this into a big deal "noone is helping us waa waa" instead of just telling people "if you dont enforce the rules there wont be a meet" and leaving it up to the people to keep it running if they want to keep coming.

Actually, I'll speak my mind, looks like I'll be the only one. John, maybe you should have listened to other people's advice instead of having a big head and saying "they don't help staff so their opinion doesn't matter", mine included in that bunch. Until you all get your **** straight, you won't be able to run a successfull meet anywhere, I don't care how much staffing you have, and John, as long as your disrespectful attitude towards others is present, I won't be at any of your venues. Enough is enough and now I'll speak my mind, I don't really care how harsh it may be, you're a good dude but you have moments where it seems you don't think before you speak.

Feel free to correct me if I've said anything that's untrue.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 03-12-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #2679
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
So who is going this Thursday? lol

This sucks!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #2680
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

well, this thread has run its course.
Closed Thread