TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

can ebay ebay charge you for an "unpaid item strike"

Well im dealing with a PITA situatiion. I got my cinaci novara front bumper from cinaci's ebay store so i could use my 10% discount. Now im getting mixed info about the bumper and i decided to abort. I told the selling that if we mutually decide to abort the sale that he wouldnt have to pay fees. on top of that i said i would pay him if for some reason we couldnt abort it (by policy you can).

He came up with a number of 170$ roughly to abort the sale. Including a restocking fee for something i havent even paid for yet. I know he just trying to push me to buy it but its still ludacris.

Whats the worst that can happen if i just dont pay him? i know ill get an unpaid item strike but can i be charged for anything? i dont want ebay just deducting funds from my account...
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Did you agree to pay anywhere?

Like did you click a buy it now button, or place a bid or anything?

If you don't physically have the item, I dont see how he can charge you restocking, especially if you didnt purchase it...

if im reading what you are saying correctly... he ordered it for you without payment. while thats an awesome thing for a shop to do, it's kinda his problem that he did it because he did it on a fly.

But if you agreed in writting to pay the fees or whatever and he can prove it, you may be pursued for the money. From what I know, it's going to come down to the writting between you guys in messages, and stuff. If you agreed to certain things, you may be in for a wild ride because once you said it, you said it you know?

To answer the general question though. They can't just take money from your account if you didn't use them to buy it or anything. Sorry, Im not sure how to say what Im trying to say lol..

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now

Last edited by DPancoast; 12-19-2008 at 12:45 PM.
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

i hit buy it now... after that i found out some information that i wasnt too happy about..... the page didnt say the bumper was fiberglass.. and after i bought it (but didnt pay yet) i found it to be fiberglass... i dont want it anymore lol
Old 12-19-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
to me you're still ok...

but I dont know Ebays full policy/terms for clicking buy it now. It all depends on what legal mumbojumbo clicking Buy It now gets you into. The only thing right now is that he'll be able to leave you ****ty feedback lol. But hopefully some more people will chime in. I dunno. Good luck though.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

i read up what i could find and it said if i get multiple "strikes" my account can be suspended. I dont ever do this hell i rarely ever buy on ebay.. but i got a better deal through his ebay store.

i didnt find anything that said i can be charged for fees. i just offered to pay his listing fee to be nice... anyway i still might want the bumper since the reviews im reading say its fiberglass but very flexable and durable.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #6
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

fiberglass isnt all that flexible...i have all polyeuro on my car and it takes a GREAT deal of abuse between being pinched together from the floor jack and all.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
choosing buy it now, is a contract sort of thing on ebay. it even tells you that when you hit buy it now the first time to make sure you can pay and really want to purchase the item. i think you're stuck with fees or that bumper.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Just take the negative. Its not the end of the world, and in times like these, $180 is worth more than a negative on ebay. They cannot charge you for the item- you have to willingly pay for it. But if you decide not to pay it, youll get a "deadbeat bidder" negative.

You could probably try to argue that the ad didnt say that it was fiberglass, though.
Old 12-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #9
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

Well thats good news.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
crazyukrainian
Tri-State Addict

Member #8644

My Ride:
03 Avalon / 07 SV650S

Send a message via AIM to crazyukrainian
dont worry about it, one strike wont do anything.... plus you can appeal it and tell them that the listing was misleading and explain everything to them, and they might take it off (they were surprisingly cool with that last time i had a problem like this, which is amazing cause ebay usually sucks ass in customer service)

so yeah, take the strike even if you keep it it doesnt do anything on its own
crazyukrainian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #11
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

well i think i might actually pay for the bumper... from what i have read its probably the best front bumper for the VR4 next to veilsides