TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
finallymysti
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #21503

My Ride:
2006 sti

if you have a gd wrx/sti on coilovers get in here

im thinking of buying coilovers for my sti but would like to try driving a car with them first. anyone willing to let me try driving their gd thats on coilovers?

thanks
finallymysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Whats the point? They will ride only the way you set them up. The same set of coils on one car will feel completely different on someone else's car because they will likely have different settings.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #3
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

Yeah, just look up reviews and make a purchase. Why would I allow you to drive my car to get a feel? Im not getting commission on whatever brand of coilovers you buy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:49 PM   #4
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
There's going to be a pretty wide range on different coilovers but stiffer is certainly not always better. It'd be great to call a shop like Turn In Concepts and talk to them to ask their advice based on your goals, or any other shops that have experience with this. RT Tuning may have some good input as well but just make sure to clarify if it's for street use or track use and be realistic about it.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:20 PM   #5
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

you can drive mine
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote