TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-16-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Pocono Track Pictures

At the beginning of may I attended my first SERCA national convention. This year it was held in PA and NJ, so it was pretty close. It was my first time out on a road course, but I had a great instructor so by the end of the day I had a better line through the course!

Here are a few pictures of my car on the course:

Both of these pictures were taken by a great photographer, and member of the SE-R community, Greg Perry.

I have more of my own pictures, as well as a few firends pictures in my gallery.

http://codename.mine.nu/gallery/convention_2006

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
cburwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 10:52 AM   #2
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Nice pics Chris, I so wish I could have made it up there. It pisses me off when I think about it. Oh well, such is life. Of course with my luck I would have went up there and been one of the guys taken out by the EVO!

3 STU - 2006 Philly STX Champ - 2007/2008 WDCR STX Champ - Sponsored by
piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
THAT was the weekend of the big EVO disaster?

Pic #4 is awesome.
the mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #4
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

We had our track day on Friday, and the EVO crash occured on Saturday on the East course. Both the EVO and the red Audi S4 were running with us on the south course on Friday.

-

"The Corvette took nearly 25 years to sell 500,000 units; the Z does it in fewer than 10."
Old 05-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #5
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout
Nice pics Chris, I so wish I could have made it up there. It pisses me off when I think about it. Oh well, such is life. Of course with my luck I would have went up there and been one of the guys taken out by the EVO!
It was a blast! I have to say that between Auto-X and running on a road curse, the road course would win hands down. We got four 20 minute sessions that day, although I only ran in two sessions because my tires were taking a beating after the second one.

-

Old 05-16-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
That looks badass. The Nobel and Exige kinda did it for me

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
willthethrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #1683

My Ride:
Infiniti G35 6mt, Datsun 510

Send a message via AIM to willthethrill
Nice! Ill be going next month! Great pix

willthethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
PA Z06
Tri-State Addict

Member #1883

My Ride:
2002 Corvette Z06

Send a message via AIM to PA Z06
Great Pics
Roll Bar/Sparco Evo L Seat
03 Pathfinder "Daily driven"
PA Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #9
04GTRACER
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #285

My Ride:
1999 Peon

When do you guys go up? I'll see if I can roll the toaster.
99 Dodge Neon-Side Exit Exhaust, MP high rate springs, Addco sway bars, Moroso high cap oil pan, Ebay intake, Half caged, Carbon hood, Head work, A\C delete, Ebay strut bar, Hahn Stage 2 intercooled turbo kit with beat super 16g turbo.
04GTRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #10
willthethrill
Tri-State Addict

Member #1683

My Ride:
Infiniti G35 6mt, Datsun 510

Send a message via AIM to willthethrill
there are a few pics in my member garage from my trip to pocono last year. I cant wait to see how my new suspension works out this year.

willthethrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #11
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

How often do they run open track events at Pocono? Might have to organize a trip up there some time. I know this beats autocross hands down as far as overall enjoyment, but it's just so pricey! Not to mention really hard wear on your tires/brakes, which aren't good for my daily driver + autox slut. Not only that, but I really enjoy the competition aspect and comaraderie of the autox events. But then again, that tune will probably change once I get a chance to get out there sometime. :D

Old 05-16-2006, 09:34 PM   #12
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Yeah, how do you guys get to run at pocono? I want a crack at it!

Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:45 AM   #13
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout
How often do they run open track events at Pocono? Might have to organize a trip up there some time. I know this beats autocross hands down as far as overall enjoyment, but it's just so pricey! Not to mention really hard wear on your tires/brakes, which aren't good for my daily driver + autox slut. Not only that, but I really enjoy the competition aspect and comaraderie of the autox events. But then again, that tune will probably change once I get a chance to get out there sometime. :D
Track days are more expensive, but you get more run time. You pay $25 or so for an auto-x, and you get about four sessions that may last a maximum of four minutes each? Like I said, on this day we got four 20 minute sessions.

True track days are a bit harder on your tires, but you have auto-x wheels and tires anyway, right? Just bring them to the track. If you wanted to you could buy a set of track brake pads as well and quickly change them out when you swap out your wheels.

-

Old 05-17-2006, 10:17 AM   #14
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
I wanna take a crack at a road course

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:34 AM   #15
naSTI
Tri-State Addict

Member #78

Send a message via AIM to naSTI
Yeah, tracks really eat away at tires and brakes just because you are sustaining a LOT of heat for long periods of time during each session. People think they drive their cars hard, but you can't drive like a raped ape for 20 minutes on the street without killing someone or getting jailed. I've seen people have their brake pads catch fire after cars come in the pits, as they are not cooled enough after stopping.

Looked like a sweet time. I haven't been to Pocono, but would like to try it since it is the closest I.R. to my house. I went to Summit Point and that was a blast. The carousel was designed to mimic Nurburgring and was totally awesome to drive through with the car all banked!

Good times man. Good luck at your next event!

./Bomber
Old 05-17-2006, 11:18 AM   #16
eviltalon
Tri-State Addict

Member #1374

My Ride:
Eagle Summit

That sentra looks hot.
I find it ironic that getting the clap is nothing to cheer about.
If u dont get it
it u will.
eviltalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
cburwell
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #303

Thank you.

People interested in racing at Pocono should keep an eye out for events organized by other car clubs. A few years ago some of my firends went and raced with the corvair club for the day. I think it was something like $125 for the day, which is less then what PDA currently charges. Even the SERCA event was less money then what PDA charges.

-

Old 05-17-2006, 01:40 PM   #18
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Good call Chris, I'll have to keep an eye out then. ;)