TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 08-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #21
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

I'm so tempted...

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=969024

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 05:59 PM   #22
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
disregard my post in the e46 thread! Congrats on the new car.. I'm seriously surprised you went with an auto though.
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 12:16 PM   #23
caldwell
Tri-State Addict

Member #8072

My Ride:
2012 Dodge Ram

those are solid number for stage 1. i say thats a no brainer right there !

LSD, Stage 1 Tune, Stainless Lines = beautiful !
Old 09-02-2014, 06:23 PM   #24
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
disregard my post in the e46 thread! Congrats on the new car.. I'm seriously surprised you went with an auto though.
Thank you!

I am too, but will be moving to DC in the next few weeks so I didn't want to deal with a manual in that daily traffic...PLUS...this auto is really that good! It shifts immediately and when I tell it to downshift, it does. It'll even downshift and blip the throttle as i brake into a turn

/
/
/
/
/
Old 09-02-2014, 06:25 PM   #25
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldwell View Post
those are solid number for stage 1. i say thats a no brainer right there !

LSD, Stage 1 Tune, Stainless Lines = beautiful !
It's like you're reading my mind!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 09-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #26
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Ordered the BMS Stage 1 and the BMS intake. Car should have close to a 50whp gain or 70bhp...making it roughly a 400bhp car.

Also, added the BMw connect kit to the car for the ConnectedDrive feature. It's a cradle for the iphone to plug into the center console.

SS brake lines are also ordered.

Finally, I've replaced the pedal covers to match the dead pedal. Pictures coming.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 09-28-2014, 10:57 PM   #27
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Installed the intake and tune today. I know people say things take 5 minutes, etc. online to install parts A LOT, when the truth is longer...however I timed myself and both of these were installed in under 20 minutes. It was that simple to do! Shocked that something on a BMW could be this easy, haha.

Here's some photos of the install:

Intake is pretty obvious with this photo:

Here the engine cover has been taken off (4 quick plugs) and the T-Map sensor has been attached to the wiring harness for the BMS piggyback.

Here the harness is connected to the MAF sensor:

Here you just hide the other harnesses and the piggyback box under the covers:

With the harness and box tucked away, you are done.

and that is it. I kid you not. The car should now have an additional 20-30 whp and 30-40 wtq.

Here's a dyno of this setup:

Car is noticeably faster now with the turbo being very audible, haha. I really would like to get the M Performance muffler for it to enhance the sound, but we'll see.

All in all, a no brainer for the $638 these parts cost me.

(turbo cars are stupid).

/
/
/
/
/
Old 10-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #28
boazorsuger
Noob-Jersey

Member #26885

My Ride:
Lexus is350

Nice Car bro!
boazorsuger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 10:11 PM   #29
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

with this power level, the car needs the rear dif immediately, stiffer suspension and an exhaust for sound enjoyment. otherwise, holy hell it's a blast to drive!

/
/
/
/
/
Old 01-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #30
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Since my last post, I've gone to work for an OEM in the automotive industry, got a company lease and have "sold" the rights to the M235i via a lease swap. It's a great car and platform and what the E46 would be like if it were still made today. Ultimately, I decided to not do the two car thing again for awhile and to put the money instead into savings.

To mod this car is the same as any other turbocharged car. Open it up intake/exhaust, raise boost.

Thanks for reading.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 01-16-2015, 04:26 PM   #31
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
Looks fantastic! My coworker has a 128i automatic that he thinks is god's gift but this actually looks like it could move out of it's own way

Haha!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Thanks!

Yeah, those N54's....no bueno.
Oh? I had the N54 in my 135i and I made really good power with a JB4 and bolt ons. I traded the car in for my M5 which honestly doesnt feel much faster than my old 135i.

I would love to get another one one day.
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:44 AM   #32
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Dave, I think you're turning into an old man (or a responsible man, whichever, hehe) but oh well. Too bad you didn't keep this around for longer to see how the diff would help the car.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 12:07 AM   #33
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Dave, I think you're turning into an old man (or a responsible man, whichever, hehe) but oh well. Too bad you didn't keep this around for longer to see how the diff would help the car.
Thanks, haha. It's true. I've blown more money on cars and parts over the last decade than I ever want to calculate. If I had put that money into Apple stock, I'd have my Porsche already. In the meantime, I've started a savings account for the 2009 997 I have in mind.

All hope is not lost for me yet...as part of the new job I'm driving around a 2014 GTI with DSG now. Looking forward to this summer when I can swap it out for an S3, Golf R or MK7 GTI w/ PP.

Driving a BMW into HQ wasn't a good look.

/
/
/
/
/
Old 01-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #34
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Haha, I hear ya man. Gotta get yourself a nice 911, and you'll still fit in at work
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #35
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Thanks, haha. It's true. I've blown more money on cars and parts over the last decade than I ever want to calculate. If I had put that money into Apple stock, I'd have my Porsche already. In the meantime, I've started a savings account for the 2009 997 I have in mind.

All hope is not lost for me yet...as part of the new job I'm driving around a 2014 GTI with DSG now. Looking forward to this summer when I can swap it out for an S3, Golf R or MK7 GTI w/ PP.

Driving a BMW into HQ wasn't a good look.
what do you do for vw?
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote