TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
Can you get your car inspected without insurance?

I have an extra space car that is due for an inspection by the end of this month. It will get emissions exempt due to the fact it has not been driven close to 5,000 miles since its last inspection. So really all I need is an inspection. I really wouldn't even bother about it, but I live in a township, that if your cars are not "up to date" people will contact the township, and your car will get towed away. Even if it's in your own driveway. Right now the car is under a car cover, but if I take the car cover off after the inspection date, and the car is sitting there, I have to worry about it getting towed away. Now I didn't know this, but I found out that you have to have insurance on the car, to get it inspected? I thought the car only needed a current registration, to be inspected? I could see a reason to have insurance on the car, to get the car to an inspection station, but what if you had the car towed? If it was towed, I wouldn't need insurance then? The car does have a current license plate, and registration, so can I just tow it to an inspection station, and will they take it? I also heard that if you "prove" you are an insured driver (my other car), they will just take this? I like to find out soon, because if I really do need to get insurance, then I will have to get it ASAP to get this done before April.

Oh yeah, this is for a PA inspection. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:52 PM   #2
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

I can't answer your other questions but I can tell you that in NJ (I know you live in PA) you won't even get inspected without an insurance card. Then insure it just long enough to get it inspected. Insurance companies pro rate ins....just cancel it right after inspection.......
ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
TurboTagTeam
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #275

My Ride:
constantly changes

How would you drive it to the inspection with no insurance??? You would have to get insurance on it just to drive it there.
TurboTagTeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
No. You cannot. I work at a Sunoco where we do inspections, and you are required to have insurance and a registration to inspect a car.
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Ah alright thanks guys

-

Old 03-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #6
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

No one will tow your car away without plenty of notice. I can think of plenty of unregistered vehicles in Northampton that sit unnoticed.
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
specVogel
Tri-State Addict

Location: your mama's house, starting a small fire in her panties
Member #712

My Ride:
02 Nissan Sentra Spec 5

if the car is sitting in your driveway no one can do a damn thing about it. and if its not, the township has to put a notice on the car before they tow it.
specVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

If you lived in a crazy township like I did.. I think you understand. Two weeks ago we got a $30 dollar fine because when it snowed, they thought my extra car was parked "on the lawn". However, we have an extended drive-way and I guess they were not smart enough to notice that the lawn was setup to accept the extended drive way. They would rather me park the car out on the narrow street, then in my own drive way. They are being very dumb about it still...

-

Old 03-12-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Also there was a car that was parked out in front of someones house here, the day the stickers expired on the windsheild, there was a tow-truck about ready to take the car away, but the guy came out and started bitching. I don't think he was told that it was getting towed away...

-

Old 03-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
specVogel
Tri-State Addict

Location: your mama's house, starting a small fire in her panties
Member #712

My Ride:
02 Nissan Sentra Spec 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme
Also there was a car that was parked out in front of someones house here, the day the stickers expired on the windsheild, there was a tow-truck about ready to take the car away, but the guy came out and started bitching. I don't think he was told that it was getting towed away...
thats messed up. do you have dbags for neighbors? because who else would tell the township of the expired stickers and try and get the car towed. if your driving down the road and a cop pulls you over for expired stickers they will give you a ticket or a warning. they wont have your car towed.
specVogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:27 PM   #11
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

if you have a dickhead neightbor they can report it even if its in your driveway and doesn't have tags

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

During that large snow-storm we had like a month ago, Me and my dad ran out of room to throw snow (we lived in town houses with like 1"x1" of front lawn). Well we didn't shovel the sidewalks (so did no one else) this was like the first time we didn't deside to shover the side-walk (about 1 foot of side-walk) well guess what like everyone on our street got a fine from the township for not shoveling the walk-way. The township for our houses are freaking crazy.

-

Old 03-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #13
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Sounds like you have a snitch in the 'hood. This township is entirely too lazy to pursue something like that with out somebody bitchin' first.
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike
Sounds like you have a snitch in the 'hood. This township is entirely too lazy to pursue something like that with out somebody bitchin' first.
Nah we got new board members... they have nothing better to do.. and want more money. We wouldn't mind if the darn money went to fixing the crappy roads around here. The roads around here have done so much damage to my cars.. its not even funny.... That bridge by the park is just a mess.

-