TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

Ma$e tuning at Philly Dyno works April 15 & 16

I am holding a dyno day on Saturday April 15th at philly dyno works. It looks like we may go back on Sunday April 16th to tune some more cars. Tuning is going to be on a first come first serve basis, so if you would like to reserve your spot for sunday, a $100 non-refundable deposit is required. Please paypal all payments to masetuning@yahoo.com.

As always we will be splitting the plane ticket and dyno cost to rent the dyno for the day.

If you are interested in having your car tuned please reply to this thread.

Also please do not turn this into a tuner bashing thread or my tuner is better then your tuner. If you have something negative to say, or just want to post bs to up your post count do it someplace else.

Plane ticket is $250 which will be split up between the number of people we have.

Dyno rental for the day is going to be $600 for 10 hours. That works out to $60 and hour. So if you are on the dyno for 2 hour it is $120

Mase charges $75 an hour to tune.

Most people on here are prob not on honda-tech so they have no clue who mase is. But here is a link to his site for some more info.

http://www.masetuning.com

He will be tuning Hondata and AEM.
As of now Saturday is already full but we have two cars already in for sunday. Let me know if anyone is interested.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Northeast Drag Racing Club/Performance Parts Webstore
underpressure02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #2
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
wow this guy seems to know his ****.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #3
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
I will let a honda friend of mine know about it. We will probably stop down on saturday to watch if nothing else is going on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:37 AM   #4
xfsasx
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1734

Send a message via AIM to xfsasx
im gonna see if i can get some people to go 600 bucks for 10 hours is an awesome deal.

last time i went there it was 75 bucks for 3 pulls
xfsasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #5
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfsasx
im gonna see if i can get some people to go 600 bucks for 10 hours is an awesome deal.

When or who did you go with last time??

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

Old 04-11-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfsasx

Just remember guys this is for tuning not for dyno pulls.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
olmytsi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #159

My Ride:
99 Lexus SC300

Send a message via AIM to olmytsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi97
When or who did you go with last time??
He was at the phillydsm dyno day....silver 2gb talon.
olmytsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

I know he was there, but those wernt the prices so i figured he went another day with other people or somthing

Old 04-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #9
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Bump for Mase-
awesome tuner!
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Any update on sunday? I wanna come saturday for the day but i think im going to be at psu abington car show.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:41 AM   #11
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

Looks like we will get all the cars done on saturday unless I have major issues with my car which is possible. I just got in from working on it. Still have a few more things to do. Never try and build a sfwd car in less then 2 months when you work crazy hours and have no time to work on the car.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

Sorry it has taken me awhile to post. I have been extremely busy trying to figure out what is going on with my car. I just wanted to give a little update of how the day went at Philly Dyno works and hopefully Mase will post the dyno graphs when he gets a chance.

I do not even know where to start about my car but to make this post as short as possible I will give a brief run down of the problems I had with my car. Mase got to my house on Friday around 12 and we go to start the car and the car would not start. Check to see if we have spark, we do, check to see if fuel is coming out and nothing from the injectors. I bought the brand new FJO injector driver and turns out the unit must be bad. We wired it up everyway possible and could not get the injectors to spray. Wired back in the resistor box and car start right up. Then we had problems with the timing belt being loose. After we got all that straightened out Mase went to street tune Brians car while I put the car back together. Mase gets back to my place around 3 A.M. and it is so foggy we could not street tune the car. Saturday we load the car up and head to the dyno. We did not have time to drive the car around so I had no idea what would happen on the dyno. We strap the car down and he starts partial throttle tuning it and the car is leaking out from where my feed line is for the turbo and oil pressure sensor is. After oiling down Philly Dyno Works dyno we pull the car off and throw it on the lift. The fitting broke in the block and it was leaking from there. I needed to take the oil filter off to get to the sensor and fitting, when we drain the oil there is all this coolant in the oil.

We figure that head gasket was bad b/c my genius ass decided to use a head gasket that was tqed down on but never ran. So it is Saturday afternoon and I need a 84MM head gasket. I called a few people no one had one. Richy and Eric from Philly Dyno Works (PDW) start calling around and call a customer that they just sold one to the day before. They ask him to bring it back so that I can use it on my car. All I can say is wow I do not know of any place that would have done that for a customer they don’t even know. So now that we have a head gasket on the way Richy, Danny and myself start ripping the car apart to get the head off. Long story short we get the head off get the new gasket and start putting it back together. It was getting late around 9 something and we still had some more things to put together. Richy and Eric tell me not to worry about it that I can keep my car on the lift and pull my roll back into the shop and come down and finish the car on Sunday which as many people know was Easter.

Sunday we come down to the shop and finish putting the car together and strap it on the dyno. Mase starts tuning it and all seems to be going okay. No coolant in the oil and none in the catch can. As the motor get warm and we start boosting on it I see the catch can start to smoke with white smoke. So who the hell knows what is wrong with my car. (still working on it) Anyway I say keep tuning it, we then had issues with my AVC-R holding boost past 22psi. So basically we tuned the car for 22psi with it mixing oil with the coolant. I made 550hp at 22lbs. I am trying to get a hold of a leak down tester then I will be taking the head off having it checked and also having the whole motor checked. Hopefully I will get it all together for NHRA spring Nats at E-town.

I just want to say THANK YOU again to Richy and Eric from Philly Dyno Works. I don’t know of any shop that would have went through all that trouble for a customer that they do not even know. Not only did they get me a head gasket, Richy also ran out to get me oil, filter, cooper spray, and many other parts that were needed. They also helped me wrench on the car, bought lunch for everyone on Saturday let me use tools that I needed and also let me dirty up their super nice and clean shop with all my leakage. As you can see they went so far above and beyond of what they needed to do from just supplying us the dyno for the day. I don’t know how I can even begin to thank them for all their hard work and help they provided to me on Saturday and Sunday. If anyone is thinking of holding a dyno day or going to get their car tuned I would not even think of any place else besides PDW to get the work done.

I also want to thank Mase, Brian, Vince and Dave for all their hard work in helping me get my car together in such a short amount of time and with parts coming so late. I still have to figure out what is going on with the motor and hopefully once that is good Mase will be coming back up to tune for some higher psi and make some real HP numbers.

Old 04-20-2006, 12:20 PM   #13
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Wow...friggin horror turned success story.

Do you have any hair left after pullin it all out from that ****?

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ls
Wow...friggin horror turned success story.

Do you have any hair left after pullin it all out from that ****?
Nah I am still pretty stressed out. My motor is still fed up somewhere. Ripping it apart tonight.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #15
boosted1eight
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1441

Send a message via AIM to boosted1eight
damn chad... that really sucks. hope you get everything straightened out

boosted1eight is offline   Reply With Quote