TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

Jul.... I've pretty much changed my mind... As an animal lover I cant justify having kittens knowing that others need my help more.

I just still wanted to experience having my cat give birth.
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:08 PM   #42
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

For some reason this thread made me think of Meet the Fockers when he was talking about milking the rats lol I'm that bored at work today.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #43
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
Jul.... I've pretty much changed my mind... As an animal lover I cant justify having kittens knowing that others need my help more.

I just still wanted to experience having my cat give birth.
Yup, and I can understand, but think of how scary and sad it would be if something went wrong. I know of a Rottweiler bitch who died during labor, in the hands of a very experienced breeder, luckily (but not really) they knew a bitch who lost her litter during labor so it worked out.. otherwise it would have been round the clock bottle feeding and the pups would've been very susceptible to diseases since they wouldn't have received antibodies from the milk.

I think you should share some pics of your cat though
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #44
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

they have a facebook lol my girlfriend made one... theyre listed under my children on facebook... look up rich hoff or krysta hujber
Old 12-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #45
ndubz
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6107

Send a message via AIM to ndubz
So rich.... Why does it need to "not be neutered". u tryin to get some interspecies **** goin on here?
ndubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:49 PM   #46
Keeper1343
Tri-State Addict

Member #5714

My Ride:
99 Honda Prelude... get some.

Send a message via AIM to Keeper1343 Send a message via Yahoo to Keeper1343
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapegoat View Post
lol, you want your cat to be a mother? like your cat gives a crap about being a mother. its in heat... all female cats go through heat when they're not fixed, its not a choice they make. its not... "gee... i want to be a mother i think i'll have babies now!"

buy/adopt... same thing. there is a monetary exchange happening, it is a purchase no matter how you look at it.

if you're not breeding a pure bred cat in order to keep the breed strong then there is no point in breeding the cat... not with the huge number of cats that need a home already.

if you've got 5-7 friends and family all clamoring for kittens, go to the shelter or look up PAWS. $25 got me both of my cats, fixed, chipped and first round of shots.
i seriously hope you adopt kids when you get older... you shouldn't have any kids because there are so many in need of good homes already. Ken, please spare us of this argument. And go get a old beat up neon instead of a brand new srt4... There are so many in need of repair these days I usually agree with you Ken, on a lot of things. But not this one.
Cleanneon (4:51:38 PM): guys find a vag, start bangin it, forget their friends
Cleanneon (4:52:00 PM): 2 months (usually less) later the vag finds another douchebag, and your friends want nothing to do with you
Keeper1343 (4:52:07 PM): lol
Cleanneon (4:52:07 PM): on top of which it hurts you to pee
Keeper1343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:03 PM   #47
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper1343 View Post
i seriously hope you adopt kids when you get older... you shouldn't have any kids because there are so many in need of good homes already. Ken, please spare us of this argument. And go get a old beat up neon instead of a brand new srt4... There are so many in need of repair these days I usually agree with you Ken, on a lot of things. But not this one.
Perhaps if you worked or volunteered for a rescue in Philadelphia, you might change your mind.
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #48
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper1343 View Post
sweet story, why don't you go breed a **** load of kittens and watch them all get euthanized together and then get tossed into a fire together. kids don't get put down and cars are not living creatures that we have to take responsibility for, so the argument is entirely different.

i'm really upset you don't agree with me that rescuing a cat or kitten is a good idea. really, i'm crying right now.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #49
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

This is what happens to unwanted dogs and cats in kill shelters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9L10A-FNg

If you have a heart, it will likely make you very, very sad.
|
]

Quote:
Old 12-29-2009, 10:58 PM   #50
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASIAN JUL View Post
This is what happens to unwanted dogs and cats in kill shelters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9L10A-FNg

If you have a heart, it will likely make you very, very sad.
i am soooo going to breed an assload of cats now!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #51
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

Wow you are a piece of ****.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #52
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Wow you are a piece of ****.
you didn't think i was serious did you? after everything that was said in this thread...

you really can't be that stupid... can you?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #53
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

Only a scumbag would be serious, but a piece of **** would still joke about it. I personally have too much compassion to watch that video strait through.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #54
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

I believe he was perhaps poking at what Keeper said.
|
]

Quote:
Old 12-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #55
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

Eh... Ask Lou about all of the ground hogs I saved from murder in his back yard... His dad found killing them fun...
Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #56
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Only a scumbag would be serious, but a piece of **** would still joke about it. I personally have too much compassion to watch that video strait through.
wow, you really are a moron

but really, whats your problem lately? you've been jumping down a lot of throats for no reason
Old 12-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #57
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

I honestly don't know... Stress? I'm sorry I blew up on you man...

I've been on at work a bit lately while I deal with a wonderful company called EMC... If you work in IT you will know how much they suck.

Edit: I did not blow up on 97turbodsm from stress though.. He is a strait up asshole and I dont like him.. lol
Old 12-30-2009, 03:48 PM   #58
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
Excuse my ignorance but are cats supposed to stay with the litter up to 8 weeks before being seperated like dogs? I was under the impression young cats and dogs need time to socialize before being properly "given away".

Example, my ex was very big into a dog fostering program....not sure which organization, probably paws. She found a week old baby kitten left in a parking lot and raised it for a few weeks before having to move. I agreed to take the kitten, raise her, and find her a proper home. Well we couldent find her a home and I ended up keeping her for a year or two but finally ended changing residence and a friend took her in. Anyways, my point being that she never really grasped the concept of not biting or clawing at people. I'm just wondering if that isnt partially because she never was brought up in a litter.

I've helped raise 4-5 AKC purebred golden retriever litters and we always kept them until about 8 weeks before letting people buy them. Just wondering if it's the same for cats?

One of the lil guys I ended up keeping.

Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 PM   #59
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

The cat that your girlfriend rescued at 1 week old did not spend adequate time with its littermates - therefore never learned bite/scratching inhibition a.k.a. never learned when enough is enough. The scratching and biting problem definitely stems from it!

Yes, cats should be with their litter until they're at least 8 weeks old. The "or until they're eating solid food" is not a good rule of thumb.
|
]

Quote:
Old 12-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #60
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1961

My Ride:

I had to take my cats very young because they would have been taken by Trenton animal control... I got them at 4 weeks and it was a lot of work

The first week was all milk and formula
The second week we weened them off from it because of diahrea and they began to eat solid food
They were constantly COVERED in crusted food and poop any they couldnt clean themselves
We ended up washing them every night and wrapping them up in blankets until they were completely dry.

My cats grew up to be strong loving and playful... the relationship they have with each other is adorable.. they cuddle together, play, and clean eachother constantly.

Last edited by Vr-4-Life; 12-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.