TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #21
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Send a message via AIM to Willdue
Yea but bartender long term wont work haha.

I could never be a teacher!
Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #22
WCblkTC
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #7965

My Ride:
07 Scion TC

You could def bartend long term...200-450 a night is well worth it
WCblkTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:53 PM   #23
LilSubiedrvr
Tri-State Addict

Member #5777

My Ride:
'01 Subaru 2.5 RS

Anything in the medical industry is in high demand, especially nursing. Pharmacists make a significant starting salary as well.
LilSubiedrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #24
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCblkTC View Post
You could def bartend long term...200-450 a night is well worth it
No Benifets/Insurance, no thanks lol.

Nothing medical for me.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:50 PM   #25
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Im leaning toward Computer Generated Multimedia...

Just need to see the Jobs readily available in PA...
Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #26
Willdue
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2000

My Ride:
To many VW's

Explain some of your jobs lol. I always see people talking about all they do is TST when there at work, lucky.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #27
jdm free
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
im in the same boat u are right now. i started to go for engineering and now im back to undecided. i think i want to stay in engineering and minor in poly sci. and possibly goto law school. everyday i change wat i wanna do. it sucks ass tryin to decide.
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #28
Sgt. Pepper
Tri-State Addict

Member #9909

My Ride:
1985 Honda CRX

Majored in graphics/printing in high school. Did graphics/printing in the Air Force. Did graphics/printing until 2005. Now I make beer.
Sgt. Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #29
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
graphic arts/design.
my dad run's his own advertising agency and they are very busy right now. he said this has been the busiest 3months(sept. oct. nov.) he's had in the 10 years he's owned his own company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl View Post
right now im kind of a production manager/customer service rep at a large printing company. its not the job i want, but its at a place that i could easily get into after i put my time in. no place is just going to hand over a computer and let you design stuff. so more than likely, youll be doing something like im doing at first.

i spend most of my time in front of a computer, or making sure jobs get done on time, people are where they are suppose to be, talking to clients, etc. its a job thats never the same, and always interesting day in and day out.
thats what my dad does for his company. he used to be on the graphic design part but now that computers have taken over it all he doesnt do it anymore just manages his company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willdue View Post
Im leaning toward Computer Generated Multimedia...

Just need to see the Jobs readily available in PA...
im sure anything computer related is in high demand.

are there any teachers on here?? and to be on topic: im in HS right now im a senior but next year im going to camden county college to become a BMW tech, or any other company. but id like to eventually own my own high performance shop/ parts shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #30
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
I'm going to school to be a plumber. The work sucks in the beginning, but you will eventually move up to make like $80K a year. Thats after like 5 years though. You start out as a journymen, work like that for a year or to, become a licensed plumber, be able to work for a company, then you can move up to be a master plumber, be able to pull your own permits, open up your own business etc...
Old 11-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #31
05 mazda6s
Tri-State Addict

Member #5265

My Ride:
2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Send a message via AIM to 05 mazda6s
I'm majoring in Business Management and Marketing (dual major) they have at PSU Abington for 4 years. That way leave my options open for either one. But if you're looking for a high demand job that pays well and could live anywhere in the country that would be going into nursing.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #32
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig STi View Post
Alumni of Kutztown University for Graphic Design....Nothing really in the area for this. I stumbled into sh** though...If you want this you better be really creative & move to Philly or NY...Freelancing will be your best friend also...

A final note: just become a male stripper. That is where the money's at my friend...plus you get the hunnies.
The work is here you just have to know how to network and approach people about positions. Any job in this field is gotten by who you know as much as your talent and abilities.

I went to school for Graphic Arts and now I work in IT at Air Products.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:19 AM   #33
Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Architectural Engineering major. 5 year degree with a 4 year period before certification exam.

A little stat: I forget which year 2005/2006/ or 2007, but 300,000+ Architects graduated across the nation, only just over 2,000 Architectural engineers graduated. Now, all architects and their designs have to go through a architectural engineer before they can become final. Now that is a 150 to 1 ratio of Architects to architectural engineers, one of the most guaranteed job fields after graduation with an average starting salary in the $100k range. Easy to work up to owning your own firm where the salary will easily hit the 7 and 8 figure marks. However, I have been told by my professors that it is one of the hardest degrees next to Biochemical and Aeronautical engineering.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:25 AM   #34
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

Network Systems Administration at cittone... didnt want to do the college thing at the time.

now im doing internal application support for a large communications company.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #35
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
Architectural Engineering major. 5 year degree with a 4 year period before certification exam.

A little stat: I forget which year 2005/2006/ or 2007, but 300,000+ Architects graduated across the nation, only just over 2,000 Architectural engineers graduated. Now, all architects and their designs have to go through a architectural engineer before they can become final. Now that is a 150 to 1 ratio of Architects to architectural engineers, one of the most guaranteed job fields after graduation with an average starting salary in the $100k range. Easy to work up to owning your own firm where the salary will easily hit the 7 and 8 figure marks. However, I have been told by my professors that it is one of the hardest degrees next to Biochemical and Aeronautical engineering.

thats what im going for, i might change to mechanical engineering or finance though lol.

I work at a pharma company at the moment

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #36
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

Quote:
Tech school, or 4 year, doesnt matter.

Id really like to get a computer/office job.
what you should do is first decide what you would LOVE to do for the rest of your life and go to school for that! Or get a job in that field and get work experience if school isn't your thing.

Its more important to have a job you enjoy going to everyday then one that you hate but pays well. making money will come once you get established. I know it sounds funny but its true.

Jessie James
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #37
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Quote:
No Benifets/Insurance, no thanks lol.

Nothing medical for me.
If you made the amount she stated, you could EASILY pay for your own healthcare on your own. It's not as expensive as people think.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:40 AM   #38
djb5118
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5884

My Ride:
SC300

Send a message via AIM to djb5118
im currently at Penn State University Park with a major in Supply Chain & Information Systems. I picked it becuase it gives me lots of experience in the "corporate world" and the fact that any company that makes a product needs supply chain guys. Not to mention PSU has the #3 program in the nation for it. The demand for jobs isn't bad (granted the economy sucks), but most starting salaries are around 50k. Thats not too shabby for a 22 year old.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #39
underpressure02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #645

I got a BS in Business Information Systems from Lehigh University. Started out as a Business Analyst for Business Edge Solutions then got laid off back in 2000. Then i worked for a bunch of Pharma companies, DuPont, BMS, Sherring Plough, Wyeth and went from doing IT stuff to coordinating/publishing regulatory submissions for the FDA, EMEA, Health Canada and all over the world. Left the phama industry and now work for a consulting firm in their life sciences division using both my IT background and my strong regulatory background.

Studying for my GMAT's, but will only go to grad school if I get into one of the top 5's schools.

In the end I don't think it really matters to much what you major in college, unless it is something specialized. I meet and interact with so many people that are doing nothing with what their degree is in. I feel college really gives you the theories and proves to companies that you can put up with all the bs and discipline yourself with time management interacting with teams. I look at college as a place to learn more about yourself, develop the social skills and thinking outside the box that is needed in the corporate world.

I do think where you go to school can make or break getting that job you want. I know a lot of companies that hire from the Ivy league schools or well known schools and to get a job with those companies coming out of a no name school make your chances a lot harder.

Hope that helps.

Northeast Drag Racing Club/Performance Parts Webstore
underpressure02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #40
jb1830
Tri-State Addict

Member #4646

My Ride:
'88 MR2 SC, '97 Corolla

Send a message via AIM to jb1830
Went to school for Digital Media. I just do freelance here and there and have a decent part time job year round. Pay for my own insurance and have my own apartment. It's not that hard to be self sufficient.
jb1830 is offline   Reply With Quote