TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #61
2g Talon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #23531

My Ride:
2014 Focus ST

Yes, but companies also have rules to follow. Sure this one time it seems a no brainer to replace it, but how do they know thjs guy didnt just steal this out of a car and is trying to get a brand new product to sell to someone else? Point is, without a reciept they cant be positive. But also think of how many people try to rip them off of free stuff everyday. Not saying its right, but Ive bought multiple items from mishi ane have had 0 issues. And I still have my reciepts too .
It still stuns me that he didnt have the brains to keep the reciept, he had this coming in my mind.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #62
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
Moral of the thread: If you bitch and whine enough, you can accomplish anything?
It's sad how true this is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Petsmart stood by theor product... No questions asked. Mishi didn't.

The point of the warranty policy is to prevent fraud. It doesn't look damaged or anything so its likely defective. That's the bottom line.
Or... Petsmart's return policy does not require proof of purchase for items below a certain value?

None the less I don't see how they aren't standing behind their product, they stood by it no questions asked, they didn't run him thru a gauntlet of tech questions asking what he did to crack it, or try to deny it was leaking or that it was even a manufacturing defect to begin with. They just require proof of purchase to send out a replacement. I don't see how this is extreme when we are talking about $200-$500 products. Like stated previously, the old unit is not required to be sent back. It's like a buy one get unlimited for free sale? just drip some coolant on the top of the rad take a picture and ask mishimoto for a new one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #63
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Petsmart stood by theor product... No questions asked. Mishi didn't.

The point of the warranty policy is to prevent fraud. It doesn't look damaged or anything so its likely defective. That's the bottom line.
i understand and their willing to replace it if the proper paper work is provided. if i worked at petsmart id just exchange a filter too, its filter. its going to keep you happy and coming back to the store to buy things other than a filter. how many rads can the OP buy?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #64
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
Moral of the thread: If you bitch and whine enough, you can accomplish anything?
Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD GS View Post
i understand and their willing to replace it if the proper paper work is provided. if i worked at petsmart id just exchange a filter too, its filter. its going to keep you happy and coming back to the store to buy things other than a filter. how many rads can the OP buy?
They sell other products. Also word of mouth is one of the best/worst types of marketing you can have. So just because someone may not be a return customer right away or at all does not mean you shouldn't care how they are treated (just a general statement, not saying Mishimoto was wrong).

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM   #65
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 View Post
They sell other products. Also word of mouth is one of the best/worst types of marketing you can have. So just because someone may not be a return customer right away or at all does not mean you shouldn't care how they are treated (just a general statement, not saying Mishimoto was wrong).
agreed but how many other parts would said op buy vs something like petsmart? that was my point. im not saying to treat the customer unfairly but you have to follow procedures especially when its an expensive part.

lol funny we're discussing this warranty/defective issue. i just dropped off my car battery to autozone to buy a new one (no sense in making 2 trips) and turns out my old one was under warranty and they replaced it for free, no questions asked or receipt needed. ironic to this conversation. i was just ready to pay for a new one with cash in hand lol.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #66
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by namdoogwerdna View Post
I work for Mishimoto

Biz - I'm sorry that the situation with your rad has gotten to this point. As a fellow car enthusiast, I know how frustrating it can be to install a shiny new part only to have it defect. Unfortunately as with any manufacturing, defects are a reality that the manufacturer and consumer must face at times. Mishimoto makes thousands upon thousands of radiators annually - while we perform QC to the best of our abilities, some defective units are bound to slip through the cracks.

We offer a lifetime warranty because our defect rate is far below the industry standard, but we have realized that avoiding defects altogether is an impossibility. I can say first-hand with absolute honesty that defective Mishimoto products are very, very rare - especially in recent years as the company has invested a ton of time and energy into improving both manufacturing and quality control. It's unfortunate that you wound up with a unit that slipped through the cracks. Every company, from Apple to Ferrari, release defective products from time to time. It's never intentional.

Please also understand that the customer service employee you were speaking to was simply doing their job. He/she did not write the policy, they are simply trained and expected to enforce it - even if he or she may have agreed with you.

It's become evident to me that your radiator was not a gift, and it may have been purchased second-hand. Despite this, I was going to offer to do what I could to pull strings and get you a replacement without the receipt, but it appears you are not interested in that anymore.

That being said, I am able to get discounts on performance parts from a number of major brands, as well as many I/C/E manufacturers. If you're looking to make an upgrade somewhere else, send me a PM and I would be happy to get you a new upgrade for your MSP at my wholesale cost in an attempt to resolve the issue and prevent you from walking away empty-handed.

Thanks,
Andrew
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #67
biz
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7401

My Ride:
2003.5 MSP

i got the invoice/receipt from the original purchaser thru jay racing/bill-me-later.
biz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #68
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
So it wasn't a gift?
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #69
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
glad to hear that everything worked out for you. will we be fortunate to see a post thanking Mishimoto for helping resolve the issue or do you still feel people should still avoid purchasing from them?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote