TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #21
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

I find it odd that you edited your original post after it was quoted in here.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #22
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biz View Post
do you work for Mishimoto? why are you trying to defend them so bad? i stated "it cost a pretty penny for this thing" - its not a cheap product! i could have gotten an OEM replacement rad for about $120 cheaper but wanted to go with the "UPGRADE" - apparently i should have went the other direction.
No you didn't. I quoted you in this topic from that link I provided.

No, I don't work for them.

You got a $255 radiator for free ($350 msrp), don't have a receipt in hand, and are raising a stink over spending maybe $60-$80 to get someone to run a bead around the filler neck.

You mad bro? You'd still have a $255 radiator for only $60-$80. Saving the down time alone is worth it compared to waiting for a new rad from them, most likely after sending yours back and they check it, and the shipping if that's how you decided to exchange it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
I find it odd that you edited your original post after it was quoted in here.
Can't you view it... and/or un-edit it? LOL

Last edited by yellow2000S/R; 03-25-2013 at 12:50 PM.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #23
bmatyeah
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4478

My Ride:
1997 Ford Mustang

Send a message via AIM to bmatyeah
Quote:
i could have gotten an OEM replacement rad for about $120 cheaper but wanted to go with the "UPGRADE" - apparently i should have went the other direction.
I thought this was a gift? Confused on this part of the story. I have seen Vendors reprint receipts/documentation in order to help customers meet the Mishimoto needs.
bmatyeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #24
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
Can't you view it... and/or un-edit it? LOL
Of course I can. Will I? Nah, not worth it.

The OP is already making enough of a case for themselves because they dont like the companies policy.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #25
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 12-06-2020 at 05:21 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
slowZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19575

My Ride:
2009 370 z

Mishimoto did a test fit on my 370 and at the end they let me keep the product for free because I let them use my car when my car was returned to me I asked if I could have a receipt because I read there return policy and they basically told me no but don't worry it will allways be covered its been well over a yr and no problems yet but hopefully it never does fail cause I'm guessing they won't cover it since I don't have a receipt
slowZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:00 PM   #27
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
^ no it seems like all the d-bags trying to stick up for mishimoto are the ones who are mad.

and it's actually only going to cost me $40 to have it fixed, i've already made the arrangements.

i did not buy it myself or i would have sent them the RECEIPT! i'm not sure why that's so complicated for some of you to understand. the original purchaser bought it thru "JAY RACING", and could not come up with a receipt or transaction. what am i gonna do about that?? hack their paypal account and steal their bank statements to search myself? let's be real here. i tried sending jay racing a message but have yet to get a response.

again, i could care less what you guys think about the situation, i think it's clear that my intent was to spread knowledge on how mishimoto produces BS products, and won't back them. and that their "lifetime warranty" is pure puffery.

103 thread views already? and numerous replies that agree? my post is serving its purpose.
What purpose? To make you look like an ignoramus.

"the original purchaser bought it thru "JAY RACING", and could not come up with a receipt or transaction."

-So you are mad at Mishimoto because whoever bought this for you is bad at keeping records? Seems 100% reasonable.

"i tried sending jay racing a message but have yet to get a response"
Did you try calling? Main Phone: 937.248.7846
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #28
cavillac95
Tri-State Addict

Member #16606

My Ride:
g37x - 370z - civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by itstock View Post
oh damn! I guess your problem is not searching mishimoto radiators before hand (or your friend). There are thousands of complaints about their radiators.

From an outside view, all i see is a crappy product that a company won't stand behind.
= google "mishimoto radiator problem"
cavillac95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #29
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
Quote:
again, i'm not trying to make mishimoto grant me an exchange, just simply raise awareness of this BS. and quite frankly it seems i am doing quite fine!
it gets better,
So you actually wanted a mishimoto radiator? why? because you heard good things about it? or because it was the cheaper all aluminum fully welded radiator and it was within you're budget?
And now you are hell bound on slandering the mishimoto name because you got one and it had a defect and you don't have the paperwork to get a replacement?

So say you got the apple ipod you wanted and it was defective, do you think apple would replace it without a receipt? would you then run out and post on every forum that apple sucks and they don't care 2 sheets about their products?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by grimm; 03-25-2013 at 01:14 PM.
grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #30
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
or "mishimoto radiator problems"
or "mishimoto return policy" or mishimoto lifetime replacement warranty"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

xxxxxx

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 12-06-2020 at 05:20 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #32
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

"it's dumb that mishimoto won't stand behind their product"

How is this a legit claim? How can they hold up their end of their policy when you don't meet the simple requirements they require?

Your statement would be true if you had the receipt or proof of purchase, and Mishimoto told you to bugger off anyway, but that isn't the case. You fail to meet the requirements that their warranty policy clearly states. End of story.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #33
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Quote:
change your tampon dude... i'm not the one bitchin

yes, i wanted a mishimoto rad. they are the only ones that make a full-sized rad replacement for the 03 protege that i am aware of. i did not want an OEM replacement because then there would be a large gap where the stock SMIC once was.

numerous people have had success in the past w/ their rads so i decided to go that route. did not see any "radiator problems" posts on the mazda boards.

received it, looked great. bought the slim fans and shroud, they looked great. (the fans do work well by the way)... but i was pissed to find there was a leak on a BRAND NEW radiator. not via pinhole, not via the cap... but due to a poor manufacturing job where the neck meets the upper part of the rad. then i see there is a "lifetime warranty" - yay! easy fix... only to find out i cannot exchange because i do not have a receipt. "limited warranty" would be more suiting of a claim.

what is so complicated about that? it's dumb that mishimoto won't stand behind their product and i was able to spread that awareness to quite a few people.

i'm done responding because i feel like i've re-stated the same thing now 5 times. on to the other message boards!
Wait... I believe that was the whole purpose of this thread? to bitch (I mean raise awareness) about how you are in this unfortunate circumstance.

I really don't understand what more you would expect a company to do?
Do you really think a company will take defective products back willy nilly based on the customers word that they purchased it, and it was "brand new" without any documentation? It really just doesn't make any sense. I stated a similar scenario to see what you would expect to happen but you seem to of avoided it?

I'll be honest this is what the scenario really seems like.

Your friend bought the radiator, didn't install it and sold it to you, You got it installed it and found a leak. You then proceeded to try and get a replacement under the lifetime warranty. But being that you purchased it from your friend (or they "gave" it to you) you have no receipt which in turn does not allow you to benefit from the lifetime warranty. (Granted, In this scenario even if you had the original receipt from your friend, they would have to file for the warranty not you. Most warranties, even lifetime warranties are only valid for the original purchaser and do not transfer. Then again this is all pretty standard for the retail industry. )

Just to note, a limited warranty, limits what is covered under a warranty, it has nothing to do with meeting the requirements of a warranty. I wouldn't want someone else to get confused by your miss-understanding.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #34
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
What online store doesn't e-mail you a recipt of your purchase? Does that even happen anymore? I mean....it's not 1999.

Is it really a weird concept that stores still require you to provide recipts on returns? Why should they offer a lifetime warranty on a product that has potentially swapped hands? What obligation do they have to someone who didn't purchase their product directly from them or through an associated vendor?

Getting a defective part sucks balls....but I don't think in this scenario they are showing poor customer service. They responded to your post almost immediately and were willing to help. If anything their customer service is what makes them a popular brand/company.

It sounds like your friend/relative is just to lazy to help you out.
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #35
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Old 03-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #36
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Now all this about doing it wrong, you should just have that tig welded and be done with it.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #37
Spocknasty
Meh

Member #986

Every company occasionally has issues with products. It happens. You got a rad from a company that offers a lifetime warranty. You think a ****ty no name ebay radiator company is going to replace your rad down the line when it has problems? You pay a little more for that warranty and their service. Speaking of service, how hard is it to track down an invoice before dragging a company through the mud?

I <3 JSC Speed and Liquid Powder Coats!
Spocknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #38
Renegade_
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1912

My Ride:
1J Swaggon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutToWinPAHC View Post
Now all this about doing it wrong, you should just have that tig welded and be done with it.
I would have brought it into work and just dropped a few dimes on the point in question. Easier than sending it back.

Renegade_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #39
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
It's clearly a defective product, reciept or not the company should care enough about it's customers not to leave them with parts that don't work. Policies can be broken, I work in retail and I make exceptions for my customers when they've clearly been done wrong. Them sticking to the rule sheet is basically like saying "**** you" to the customer because they know the product is defective but care more about business than their reputation. Lifetime replacements should also not be necessary if the product is made right in the first place, again, my opinion.

You're not alone man, there was a guy here with a Jetta that went through several Mishimoto replacements until he finally got one that fit, and not without headache as well.

Last edited by CleanNeon98; 03-25-2013 at 03:28 PM.
CleanNeon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #40
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Alex the issue is you do not need to ship back the bad unit, so if they dont ask for proof of purchase anybody can trash pick one or get one from a buddy who has a bad one and say look this radiator is bad, send me a new one.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote