TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #1
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:
Honda fit, Kawi ZX-14, Member D1K

"Shades of grey" my 2011 ug gti build

Picked this up yesterday 4/26 <3

I'll be heading down to awe on thursday for the first of many performance mods. A boost gauge:D I'll be ordering a intake, dp, cat back, dv, dv relocator, tsi ko4, S3 ic, S3 top, giac tune. My hands are kinda tied on the install until giac finishes work on the 2011 tunes, but as long as it's done by wf I'll be happy.

The wheels are ordered, but won't ship till mid may, and I ordered 355mm brembo's & rear adams rotors also a 3-4 week wait time. At least the springs are shipping this week, but I have to wait for f/r sway bars, koni yellows, the whiteline kit, and motor mounts. Also ordered the led tail lights/euro switch from german ebay, but who knows when that will show up.

At least it will slowly be coming together. I really don't mind because it's fun just driving the car stock:thumbsup:

I also drop the car off mon for a clear bra & tint (35%) he needs it overnite for the paint film to cure. I'll get some more pics once, she's looking proper.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:11 AM   #2
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Looks good. Do you have any more pics though?
Old 04-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #3
nissamax
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9190

My Ride:
Magic Carpet

Send a message via AIM to nissamax
sounds like a nice amount of quality mods purchased.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nissamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #4
boostedsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #19393

My Ride:
95 talon AWD

damn! purchasing a brand new GTI one day and spending thousands on mods a couple days later...just the way i like it! lol(what do you do for a job?)

definitely get some update pics when mods are installed! is it manual or auto?
boostedsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
Looks good. Do you have any more pics though?
Not yet, I literally picked up the car yesterday & snapped the above with my cell phone. Once, I get rolling on it I'll snap some better pics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissamax View Post
sounds like a nice amount of quality mods purchased.
Thanks, I'm really putting alot of thought into the mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedsm View Post
damn! purchasing a brand new GTI one day and spending thousands on mods a couple days later...just the way i like it! lol(what do you do for a job?)

definitely get some update pics when mods are installed! is it manual or auto?
It's a dsg. I'm a union concrete worker, and I've been saving for two years or so for this build. I had a very nice mkv gti that I also sold to help out with funds for this project. I had a kid & a dedicated coupe just wouldn't fly with a newborn, so that's why I sold it. I've been driving a chevy aveo for the past year while I waited to get my paper right so I can have my vw. This thing feels like a rocket compared to that crate I also have a sponsorship from awe that really helps out too.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
jbloom
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8491

i love that this site is finally getting a few people here modding dubs. Nice to see that your first mods weren't just coils and wheels and your adding some hp to it too. How is traction with the new ones? I know mines a few models back from this but thats my main complaint about the car. It can't stick to the road when I jump on it and forget about driving when it snows. My 5.slow got better traction than my gti does.
jbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
02vwgolf
Tri-State Addict

Member #14555

My Ride:
02 VW Golf

Yeah, new car is sweet glad to see you getting right to business modding. I have alot being done to my car too but this just isn't the place for it...too many haters
02vwgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #8
jbloom
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02vwgolf View Post
Yeah, new car is sweet glad to see you getting right to business modding. I have alot being done to my car too but this just isn't the place for it...too many haters

^truth. There's zero vw love here. A lot of untrue assumptions about the newer dubs from people that have probably never owned one. I've owned mine for about 2 years and have yet to experience reliability issues. Starts everyday and no constant cels. Had just a few before I changed to the revised coils. But hopefully now that there's some more of us that we can at least encourage the few that brave to bring there dubs in here.
jbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #9
02vwgolf
Tri-State Addict

Member #14555

My Ride:
02 VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloom View Post
^truth. There's zero vw love here. A lot of untrue assumptions about the newer dubs from people that have probably never owned one. I've owned mine for about 2 years and have yet to experience reliability issues. Starts everyday and no constant cels. Had just a few before I changed to the revised coils. But hopefully now that there's some more of us that we can at least encourage the few that brave to bring there dubs in here.
agreed hope there is more dub love and definitely keep this build updated!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbloom View Post
i love that this site is finally getting a few people here modding dubs. Nice to see that your first mods weren't just coils and wheels and your adding some hp to it too. How is traction with the new ones? I know mines a few models back from this but thats my main complaint about the car. It can't stick to the road when I jump on it and forget about driving when it snows. My 5.slow got better traction than my gti does.
Well, in stock form the traction is pretty good. The launch control is awesome. My sponsor has a mk6 gti with the same mods running high 11.87 (race mode)with the same kit that I'm putting on. In full street trim mode the kit is running low-mid 12's & that's plenty of power for me. Here's the story about the car:
http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...cle_2916.shtml

I hope to get the same or better #'s because I'll be using mounts & the whiteline walk kit & I'll swap in audi mk2 TT control arms which give amazing traction from a fwd car.
Quote:
agreed hope there is more dub love and definitely keep this build updated!

I will do so. I won't really see any major parts coming in till mid-end of may. Everything for this car is backorderd, but at least I have the bulk of the parts ordered or being made. I'm going to get a new camera next month & will keep this thread updated as I go.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Sticker mods, don't mind my crappy point n shoot pics. I'm gonna get a real camera soon.

Boost gauge

Riding out a nasty hailstorm in the garage

Did some small stuff today. Good news 90% of my parts have been ordered. I drop her off this weekend for tint & the clear bra. I'm also going to test out a new windshield film for that's supposed to reduce rock chips.

The big stuff will come in around the end of next month, so hopefully she'll be looking half way decent for cult classic. I found out my R headlights/taillights shipped today & the wheels ship on the 6th, though I won't put the suspension on until the springs,koni yellows, sway bars, walk kit, brembo 355, etc... come in so I can get it all done on the lift in one shot. I'm in no big rush, because the car is fun stock.

Last edited by Shawn Lichtfuss; 04-28-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Shawn Lichtfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:17 AM   #12
Eclipse GSX 61
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7996

My Ride:
14' Mercedes C300

Send a message via AIM to Eclipse GSX 61
I see from the picture you bought it from North Penn Imports. I feel sorry for you lol.

Also is this Shawn that had the red GTI (one generation older) that was all done up?

02 RSX
Eclipse GSX 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse GSX 61 View Post
I see from the picture you bought it from North Penn Imports. I feel sorry for you lol.

Also is this Shawn that had the red GTI (one generation older) that was all done up?
If im not mistaken it is, i can't think of his old username...but i remember seeing somewhere being it was a new car he wanted a new forum name or something haha.

Im about to pickup a new gti myself...once my girls get back from orlando

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #14
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Quote:

Yep, bought it at npvw. Tim there gave me a sweet deal that I couldn't beat. Things are getting better there I hope? Yep, I'm the same guy. I recently had a kid & had to sell the red baron since, a dedicated two seater won't work with a baby seat. That car funded this project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGz Turbo View Post
If im not mistaken it is, i can't think of his old username...but i remember seeing somewhere being it was a new car he wanted a new forum name or something haha.

Im about to pickup a new gti myself...once my girls get back from orlando
My old username was pitbull592, I also had a few others on the forums, so I just have been using my own name. So, it's less confusing for me & I'll have the same password etc... for the tuner forums I visit. Good choice on the gti I have been loving it so far
Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
OMGz Turbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3108

My Ride:
01' WS6..That whistles...01' Explorer 5.slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Lichtfuss View Post
Yep, bought it at npvw. Tim there gave me a sweet deal that I couldn't beat. Things are getting better there I hope? Yep, I'm the same guy. I recently had a kid & had to sell the red baron since, a dedicated two seater won't work with a baby seat. That car funded this project.

My old username was pitbull592, I also had a few others on the forums, so I just have been using my own name. So, it's less confusing for me & I'll have the same password etc... for the tuner forums I visit. Good choice on the gti I have been loving it so far
Im subscribed to your thread so i can see where this goes...im getting a 4dr though being i have a 4 year old. I think to start ill just do intake, turboback exhaust and APR tune

NO ONE CARES ABOUT BEING TTT APPROVED
OMGz Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #16
Eclipse GSX 61
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7996

My Ride:
14' Mercedes C300

Send a message via AIM to Eclipse GSX 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Lichtfuss View Post
Ah thought so. This is Josh I met you a few times up in Quakertown when I had my dark red Eclipse GSX. It's a shame you had to sell the red one that thing was awesome.

02 RSX
Eclipse GSX 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGz Turbo View Post
Im subscribed to your thread so i can see where this goes...im getting a 4dr though being i have a 4 year old. I think to start ill just do intake, turboback exhaust and APR tune
You should be good with just that I'm going to go stage 2 myself & just leave the K04 in the box for now. I may or may not do it down the road. They only have a limited supply & I get a big discount so I'm just going to sit on it for awhile. Stage 2 is plenty fast for the street imo, especially with a kid, I drive like a grandmom when my kid is in the car anyway.
Quote:
Ah thought so. This is Josh I met you a few times up in Quakertown when I had my dark red Eclipse GSX. It's a shame you had to sell the red one that thing was awesome.
I remember you, yeah it sucks I sold it, but my kid is more important & his safety.

Got a call from my buddy at the vw dealer that my order was in, but it was only 1/2 my order the lip won't be in till monday I did get the bike rack put on regardless today & the pee pee fogs. I also found a universal fairing for the oem rack if anybody wants to use it on their oem rack here's the link:

http://www.orsracksdirect.com/inno-r...61-ina262.html
part#INA262
part#ISf717 (long bolt kit)
Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 PM   #18
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Some parts are trickling in. I have the bbs ch wheels on already with the ecs euro locks & I already did some smaller mods. I have two more piles like this around the house much to my wife's displeasure. I'm gonna get it on the lift in a week & will start doing werke.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:34 PM   #19
02vwgolf
Tri-State Addict

Member #14555

My Ride:
02 VW Golf

brembos <3 this **** is going to be so legit good job with the build so far
Old 05-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #20
Shawn Lichtfuss
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20308

My Ride:

Quote:
brembos <3 this **** is going to be so legit good job with the build so far
Thanks for the compliment, I went with adams rotors on the rear, but they're still being made. This car will be seeing some weekend auto x duties. Thus, the reason I'm focusing alot on the suspension.