TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:
1970 VW Karmann Ghia, 1995 Eagle Talon ESi

Send a message via AIM to timp
RallyAmerica: Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (Wellsboro, PA)

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that the Rally is happening again in Wellsboro, PA this year, June 5-6. I'll be there, have been every year for the past several, it's an awesome time if you can make it. Free to spectate, bring camp chairs and rain gear. The Super Special Stage costs a few bucks to get into.

If anybody else is planning on heading up, it would be cool to have a small meet somewhere (I have a pretty good idea where... NASIOC used to have a meet up there but they've stopped in the recent couple years it seems).

Anyway, I'd strongly urge trying to make this one, it's a really cool thing to go to if you've never gotten the chance, plus, Wellsboro area is always beautiful and generally fantastic to drive around... it's my favorite area of Pennsylvania... plus, I'm sure Travis Pastrana will be there (if that helps grease the wheels).

here's a teaser pic I took last year...

Old 05-08-2009, 01:16 AM   #2
DBryden
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #6705

My Ride:
2004 Saturn Ion Redline

We have a cabin on a mountain outside of Wellsboro (Tioga County), and apparently a lot of the roads used for the rally are like 3 minutes away from our property...I've always heard of the events but never knew when they were...I really may have to go up this year!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
Spocknasty
Meh

Member #986

I plan on heading up for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

I <3 JSC Speed and Liquid Powder Coats!
Spocknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBryden View Post
We have a cabin on a mountain outside of Wellsboro (Tioga County), and apparently a lot of the roads used for the rally are like 3 minutes away from our property...I've always heard of the events but never knew when they were...I really may have to go up this year!
yeah, the stages are all over the county, you have to drive 45 minutes + to get to the spectator locations for some of them, but it's always worth it... just make sure you fuel up before you get to town, gas always seems to go up in Wellsboro on rally weekend... let me know if you're gonna come up, it'd be cool to try and organize something.

BTW... luckyyyyyyyyy
Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 AM   #5
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRXed View Post
I plan on heading up for it.
awesome!

also for more info:
http://www.STPR.org
http://www.rally-america.com
Old 05-08-2009, 03:28 AM   #6
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
thanks for posting... i always say i want to go and it never happens... i'm going to give it a good try this year, starting with requesting off work asap.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
**** YES. I haven't been up there in ages, but I'd LOVE to go. I know 90% of the spectator roads and points still, lol. Leaving Friday afternoon, or obnoxiously early Saturday? It would be pretty hard to get to "The Green" in time to see the start. Do you know if they're still running the water crossing stage first, or are they actually giving you time to get there if you watch the start?

edit: hmm, might need to borrow my dad's truck or van for the "I don't care if it's clean or not" aspect. I remember some doucher took his whaletail Porsche in the woods, drove 5 mph, and ended up driving straight off the road in front of us cause he was too scared to drive through a puddle, lol.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #8
Kerplunk105
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1967

My Ride:
2007 Subaru Impreza

Send a message via AIM to Kerplunk105
Going for the 2nd year.
Kerplunk105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Do you know if they're still running the water crossing stage first, or are they actually giving you time to get there if you watch the start?
They don't do the watercross anymore, they just recently restored that area of the creek, so the road is actually closed and everything... They also did away with the night stages due to some drunken yahoos... INSTEAD, however, they're doing a Super Special Stage, which has stands set up and everything... the rumor was that this year they're trying to put a jump in...

I'm planning on heading up Friday morning.

Since there seem to be a bunch of people going up there, I think StickerCharged (my t-shirt/vinyl business) will sponsor a TST meet up there... could probably give out free decals or something... I'll let you know more when I decide what we can actually do...
Old 05-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #10
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by timp View Post
They don't do the watercross anymore, they just recently restored that area of the creek, so the road is actually closed and everything... They also did away with the night stages due to some drunken yahoos... INSTEAD, however, they're doing a Super Special Stage, which has stands set up and everything... the rumor was that this year they're trying to put a jump in...

I'm planning on heading up Friday morning.

Since there seem to be a bunch of people going up there, I think StickerCharged (my t-shirt/vinyl business) will sponsor a TST meet up there... could probably give out free decals or something... I'll let you know more when I decide what we can actually do...
Lame. I found a rock with about 20 fossils in it there when I was a kid, lol. No more night stages? WTF.

I'll do my best to go. I'll be asking off of work.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
GregV
Tri-State Addict

Member #8141

My Ride:
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Send a message via AIM to GregV
Wish it weren't the same weekend as Formula D

|

GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:17 AM   #12
Tigawoods
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2030

My Ride:
95' Toyota Celica

Send a message via AIM to Tigawoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregV View Post
x2

Tigawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #13
InfiniteMotors
Tri-State Addict

Member #1410

My Ride:
Cummins Beast and Sports Car of the Year

This will be our fifth year, can't wait!
InfiniteMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:59 AM   #14
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
hmm. forgot about that. This chick wanted me to take her there because she wanted to check out all the guys...
Old 05-10-2009, 07:28 PM   #15
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Oh noooooo. Already locked in to Formula D... I didnt realize they were the same date. That SUCKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
hmm. forgot about that. This chick wanted me to take her there because she wanted to check out all the guys...
She sounds like she's not much of a priority to me...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Oh noooooo. Already locked in to Formula D... I didnt realize they were the same date. That SUCKS.

She sounds like she's not much of a priority to me...
Well, she has agreed to go to a meet I'm setting up the week before, so it would only be fair. I guess. I mean, there are somewhat attractive women at Formula D events.

STPR is still FTW.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
Derek
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10599

My Ride:
06 STI, Zx6r ninja

Yepp I want to go!
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #18
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:

if Formula D and STPR are the same weekend, I wonder where Tanner is going to be... not sure how he's been doing in Formula D this year, but as of this week, he's tied for 2nd in RallyAmerica with Pastrana and they're something like 3 points behind the leaders, so I'm willing to bet he'll be at STPR.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:48 PM   #19
timp
Tri-State Addict

Member #8001

My Ride:

Alright everyone, STPR is less than a week away, so here's the skinny on what I'm doing.

I'm planning on doing a bit of a meet, we'll probably hand out some free StickerCharged decals (in which case you're welcome to become cars of the month on our site, I'm way behind on that anyway.)

Friday evening
8 p.m.
Dunkin Donuts parking lot which is right on the main drag through town next to the Wellsboro Diner. (probably in the back corner of the lot in front of the grocery store, just to keep out of the way of people coming and going)

Look for the blue 95 Eagle Talon (me... name's Tim by the way), green 98 Chevy S-10 (Kevin) and probably a white 2002 Subaru WRX (Bill).

Please be respectful of the local businesses, pedestrians, etc. Don't break laws or be stupid.

Let me know who's coming.

Last edited by timp; 06-01-2009 at 03:19 AM.
timp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #20
RWDTurbo149
Tri-State Addict

Member #13830

My Ride:
2007 STI

i have a cabin in potter county, outside of the town of Germania (where one of the gas stops is).

i would go up but i have a dirtbike race....what else is new lol...next weekend off is August 9th...

eitherway, the rally is awesome to see! i met travis pastranna on a pipeline randomly, it was when he was watching thinking about getting into it =]
RWDTurbo149 is offline   Reply With Quote