TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #1
j.reed
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #665

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Send a message via ICQ to j.reed Send a message via AIM to j.reed Send a message via MSN to j.reed Send a message via Yahoo to j.reed
SJR-SCCA.org AutoX 6/24/07

Event:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35943
Pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/jay.reed.3rd/SCCA624 (this is a dump of all 225 photos, the good the bad, and the even worse.)

Here are the few good ones I had. A lot of them are heavily cropped, but nothing has been done to the colors beyond as-shot.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jreed/ Here is my flickr page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jreed/s...7600470970584/ Here is just this series of pictures.

Last edited by j.reed; 06-24-2007 at 09:30 PM.
j.reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
Nicely Done! Thanks for posting these so quick. My laptop needed a nice background. Was a good time. Kinda stinked only 3 Runs....but thats because they made it a 2 lap/60 second coarse. Next time should be better and more competitive with the old 30-40 second coarse runs.

Pictures look great!

Tim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"

Last edited by Charged SVTF; 06-24-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #3
j.reed
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #665

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Send a message via ICQ to j.reed Send a message via AIM to j.reed Send a message via MSN to j.reed Send a message via Yahoo to j.reed
I'm not that good at this, especially post processing. I tried to do some cleveland panning which is a technique to blur the background, but most of my pictures ended up being very blurry.

You can click on the thumbnails to go to the photopage to comment on them and/or download the higher resolution version. If you need anything higer than that, just ask.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:14 PM   #4
UnderPoweredRS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #233

Send a message via AIM to UnderPoweredRS
Nice pictures Jay. Even with the little lense they came out great.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Start out at a higher shutter speed, like 1/125 keep going down lower. Your keeper rate will be higher with the faster shutter speed but the photos won't have as much blur for the slower cars.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 AM   #6
j.reed
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #665

My Ride:
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
Start out at a higher shutter speed, like 1/125 keep going down lower. Your keeper rate will be higher with the faster shutter speed but the photos won't have as much blur for the slower cars.
Yea, I realized that, anything faster than 1/80 resulted in negligible blur for the background for most cars. The Porsche was fast enough for 1/160! I bet that would have been nice at 1/125. I rented a lens for my vacation that has Image Stabilization with a panning mode, but I won't have that until tomorrow or Tuesday. That's what I get for not thinking ahead.

I was told that 1/(speed of the car) is a good benchmark. That would have put most of the cars at 1/40 or 1/60, which is impossible to hand hold.

Last edited by j.reed; 06-25-2007 at 12:58 AM. Reason: clairfy
Old 06-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Thoose pics are sick! It was my first time autocrossing and had a blast. Now i know why all the srt4 guys 1/4 mile race. Look at that body roll baby. But either way i made up alot of time in the straightaways. Thanks for the pics!!!!!!!!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #8
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.reed View Post
Yea, I realized that, anything faster than 1/80 resulted in negligible blur for the background for most cars. The Porsche was fast enough for 1/160! I bet that would have been nice at 1/125. I rented a lens for my vacation that has Image Stabilization with a panning mode, but I won't have that until tomorrow or Tuesday. That's what I get for not thinking ahead.

I was told that 1/(speed of the car) is a good benchmark. That would have put most of the cars at 1/40 or 1/60, which is impossible to hand hold.
With practice you should be able to handhold down to 1/60. Also, a good driver helps because they are smoother on the throttle and braking. Novices tend to be jerky so their rate of acceleration/deceleration is inconsistent.

Here's a shot I took of a Noble @ 1/60 this past weekend at Summit Point

And another from a local autocross

Old 06-25-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
Here's a shot I took of a Noble @ 1/60 this past weekend at Summit Point

SICK....I stayed in Jersey to run AutoX instead of being pit Crew down there for my Buddies family. The father and two sons run BMW M3s for BMW CCA. Did you happen to catch them down there. Sedecca is the last name.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

There were about 100+ M3s running on Saturday so it's not a car that would easily stand out.