TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Domestic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #221
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
I think my buddy used to go there all the time with his lx mustang. I guess I will just have to look at Jegs or Summit for a radiator. The direct fit is real expensive and I know the universal ones I will need to tinker with for fitment issues.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:59 AM   #222
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by HickRocket1258 View Post
I think my buddy used to go there all the time with his lx mustang. I guess I will just have to look at Jegs or Summit for a radiator. The direct fit is real expensive and I know the universal ones I will need to tinker with for fitment issues.
Yeah i went with a universal we just measured the stock one which is funny cause it still didnt fit right we had to shave the flanges off both sides an lower the tray that the rad sits in. It now also sits slanted a bit an I gotta find some heavy duty dual fans which i think i might just steal out of a 00-02 LS1 F-Body.
05 GTO - Push Button Performance w/ spooling action
SleeperGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #223
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackZ05 View Post
Yeah i went with a universal we just measured the stock one which is funny cause it still didnt fit right we had to shave the flanges off both sides an lower the tray that the rad sits in. It now also sits slanted a bit an I gotta find some heavy duty dual fans which i think i might just steal out of a 00-02 LS1 F-Body.
Haha that's great to hear that even after all the modifications that it still doesn't fit in there quite right. Oh well. Thanks for the help. When is your camaro going to be done?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:02 AM   #224
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
Haha that's great to hear that even after all the modifications that it still doesn't fit in there quite right. Oh well. Thanks for the help. When is your camaro going to be done?
Hoping July, I'm placing a big order with Spohn this weekend but i gotta make sure they'll let me pick it all up cause im not paying for that shippin lol. The Rad was totally worth it though i saw a huge change in cooling it was nuts. Even with no shroud an a single electric mustang fan the car would just drop in temp when i turned it on.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #225
ICE95Z
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3821

My Ride:
95 300zxTT, 2004 Hemi Ram, 2001 R6

Apples and oranges my friends, apples and oranges.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:28 PM   #226
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Quote:
Hoping July, I'm placing a big order with Spohn this weekend but i gotta make sure they'll let me pick it all up cause im not paying for that shippin lol. The Rad was totally worth it though i saw a huge change in cooling it was nuts. Even with no shroud an a single electric mustang fan the car would just drop in temp when i turned it on.
I guess I will have to look into it then. You doing any certain races with it, or more just a car to screw around with?

Old 05-16-2008, 10:15 PM   #227
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
I guess I will have to look into it then. You doing any certain races with it, or more just a car to screw around with?
Will probably just detune it *sandbag* an run 10.0 index so were not beating the balls out of it all the time. Gonna take awhile to figure out how to keep it from breaking out alot anyway. The car was suppose to be a 383 with some laughing gas so i could cruise it around town an actually get some kind of gas milage an run 93. Sadly i dont think i'll make it to any "get togethers" farther then 100 miles with out bringin spare fuel which is what i wanted to build the car for hehe. Besides that it will probably just be a town cruiser to shut up people who use to talk to much.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:49 PM   #228
dragonfly2k3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4106

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedfan121 View Post
if you wanna compare the displacement to HP numbers, rotory's are gonna win hands down, 1.3L making over 1000hp? on 0 pistons, so the v8's lose there too lol
that is not really an accurate statement. While the displacement is 1.3l it is more comparable to a 2.6l reciprocating engine because the rotary uses all of its potential displacement to make power in one revolution compared to a recip which only uses half of its potential displacement to make power per revolution. So while the rotary only contains 1.3l of displacement it also fires 1.3l of displacement in one revolution as to where a reciprocating engine with displacement of 2.6l only fires 1.3l of displacement per 1 revolution. Now look at a skyline making 1000hp, not so out of the ordinary, and I bet the skyline burns less fuel to do it.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 AM   #229
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Quote:
Will probably just detune it *sandbag* an run 10.0 index so were not beating the balls out of it all the time. Gonna take awhile to figure out how to keep it from breaking out alot anyway. The car was suppose to be a 383 with some laughing gas so i could cruise it around town an actually get some kind of gas milage an run 93. Sadly i dont think i'll make it to any "get togethers" farther then 100 miles with out bringin spare fuel which is what i wanted to build the car for hehe. Besides that it will probably just be a town cruiser to shut up people who use to talk to much.
That is nice. I always thought about trying to do the 12.0 index when my car was slower. Plus those races are kind of hard for me to get to nowadays. I would really like to shut up some people around my area with my car, especially some of the kids with their evos and ****. It's just with the stock radiator I can't get very far without having to shut it down and let the pump and fan cool it down. It is nice to run on '93 since it is still somewhat cheap for now haha.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #230
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
That is nice. I always thought about trying to do the 12.0 index when my car was slower. Plus those races are kind of hard for me to get to nowadays. I would really like to shut up some people around my area with my car, especially some of the kids with their evos and ****. It's just with the stock radiator I can't get very far without having to shut it down and let the pump and fan cool it down. It is nice to run on '93 since it is still somewhat cheap for now haha.
Yup, you know you could always go to a junk yard an see if the LS1 Rad an Fan swap will work for ya. My buddys running a 355 with a Supercharger in his 92 Z28 with no heating problems with that change.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #231
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

That is interesting. Maple Grove has that new index thing this year. Maybe I will see you and your ride there. I just do all the bracket racing events at Maple Grove pretty much. You think you'll be done your ride by Super Chevy at Maple Grove? That is a fun event. It is July 17-20.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:01 PM   #232
SleeperGoat
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3339

My Ride:
84 Camaro/ 05 GTO

Quote:
That is interesting. Maple Grove has that new index thing this year. Maybe I will see you and your ride there. I just do all the bracket racing events at Maple Grove pretty much. You think you'll be done your ride by Super Chevy at Maple Grove? That is a fun event. It is July 17-20.
Were gonna try, I doubt i'll be able to legally be aloud to run cause the cage wont get into the car till august. If i did anything i'd probably just half track alot an not launch it, i dont feel like having the back window break from twisting. Will see though depends on shop time an such.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #233
devildog214
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15356

My Ride:
1994 Pontiac Trans Am

yeah american muscle has always been a little behind on technology, my 87 still has a goddamn carburetor. Gm's genIII smallblock LS series still isnt going modular like ford, single cam with pushrods, atleast the new ss camaro (auto) will have VVT and ls's use aluminum blocks and heads for the mostpart along with coil-on-plug ignition. If were talking about the v8 techonogy war fords leading, im kinda psyched about a mustang for the first time with this new modular 5.0 making decent numbers, and with their mustangs light weight you know gm's gonna push for a z28. But maybe older is better for modification and maitence, swapping 1 cam instead of 2 or 4...idk.
devildog214 is offline   Reply With Quote