TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
thatwhiteguy
Noob-Jersey

Member #13136

My Ride:
2007 Civic Si Sedan

Fop?

So I just moved to Philly recently and I happen to live in center city. Right next to my building, there's a Fraternal Order of Police lodge of some sort. Last summer, they kept having these really loud parties that lasted into the early morning (2-3 AM). I was constantly hearing people screaming, and one time some guy was revving his motorcycle really loudly in their parking lot. I can hear everything quite clearly even though I'm on the 7th floor.

Not only are they loud, but they take up all the parking spots in the area and also park on the median on Spring Garden street, and sometimes even take up the beginning of the left lane.

My questions are these: How closely is this tied to the police? If I call to complain, will they anything actually be done about it? Also, if it's considered OK for them to park in the middle of the street for their parties, why can't I park there too? Seems a little unfair!

Not trying to be a dick or anything, you guys seem pretty cool, I've been reading this forum for like the past hour at work.

Last edited by thatwhiteguy; 04-10-2009 at 01:41 PM.
thatwhiteguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Wow you really don't know about the Philly FOP lodge? Its the union Headquarters for the Philly PD.