TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2018, 05:37 PM   #201
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
oh right, so is getting heat in them just an issue on the first lap, or does it present an issue elsewhere? does it ever get to a point where it would actually be beneficial to go down in size?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 04:38 PM   #202
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
I test fit the engine with the ITBs. A long story short, my velocity stacks are to looooong for the ABS stuff. I will be using the NB intake manifold for the time being.

Got bored at work today and modeled my concept to solve my velocity stack issue. This is just a concept without any good dimensions (rough guesstimates). Essentially alternating curved stacks with kn filters on each stack.

I will have them 3d printed when the design is complete. Well see if it ever comes to fruition. It is bothering me to have a ITB setup sitting on the shelf.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #203
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
I dig it. Should definitely make the clearance needed too
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #204
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Back in the Garage

I managed to sneak into the garage last night after the baby and wife went to sleep. It felt weird haha.

I wanted to change the front lower ball joint to a non extended version. Two reasons for that 1. I have offset upper control arm bushings and should get plenty of camber. 2. Solves some clearance issues with wheel/tire/shock/wheel well.

Turns out all of the ball joints were shot, upper, lower and control arm. I guess I can only expect one season out of them and need to inspect more often. Also, my front wheel bearings were shot which very surprising considering I put them on before the last event. That's right they lasted one event!

Anyway only got one side apart, will continue soon, hopefully. Soon I will be ordering 295s.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 01-26-2019, 10:59 AM   #205
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

What clearance issues do the ELBJs cause? I thought they were the go to part for camber because the upper bushings suck the wheel in which means it rubs on the shock tower
Old 01-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #206
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
What clearance issues do the ELBJs cause? I thought they were the go to part for camber because the upper bushings suck the wheel in which means it rubs on the shock tower
Yeah that's all true. With offset upper bushings I have to much camber capability. Losing the elbj moves the wheel in slightly, helping to clear 295 in the back and reduce camber. Not a typical problem, all revolves around fitting a 295. I may have to make offset shock mounts, also not typical, to move the wheel in and not hit the tower. For now I plan to run whatever camber creates enough clearance at the shock tower. Maybe a small spacer if needed. Just trying to get every mm.

Also, having elbj and having the camber bolts set to reduce camber makes the shock get very close, in some cars hit, the upper control arm. Specifically ones with nb style uca.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 01-27-2019, 12:32 AM   #207
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

All of that makes sense. The fun of building a race car
Old 02-06-2019, 05:24 PM   #208
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Wifes car got some new shoes. Traded the wheels it came with (14x6 panasports in marginal condition) for these 15x7 rpf1. Will be an STS lite build. I an looking to trade them for some 15x7.5 wheels or sell them if anybody is interested.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 02-07-2019, 09:24 AM   #209
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

ugh, miata want is burning in my heart, but my wallet and home buying process is telling me no.
rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #210
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrace03 View Post
ugh, miata want is burning in my heart, but my wallet and home buying process is telling me no.
NAs are cheap! Time to start selling all the crap you have laying around haha.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 02-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #211
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

If those panasports were 15s I'd have picked them up from you, I saw them on the brown board. Oh well.

NAs are a great toy car. I'm likely gonna pick one up to replace the GTI.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #212
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
If those panasports were 15s I'd have picked them up from you, I saw them on the brown board. Oh well.

NAs are a great toy car. I'm likely gonna pick one up to replace the GTI.
If they were 15s they wouldn't have been on the brown board. I was kinda surprised somebody wanted them considering the limited tires choices anymore.

Its surprising how little money you have to spend to tinker with these things. I sold my broken Evo for more than I've spent on both of the Miatas!

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-07-2019, 11:17 AM   #213
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Put the front passenger suspension back together with the normal lower ball joint. Initial inspection shows it is doing what I had hoped, increasing tire clearance and decreasing camber. Further review is still needed.

Also, found a deal on some skreet tires, lightly used. 245/40-15 maxxis vr-1 that I will run on my 15x10 steel wheels. They will let me tune on the street without hohos and maybe drive it to cars and coffee or something. Also, I may consider using them as a wet tire, not ideal but better than A7s.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-07-2019, 05:17 PM   #214
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

The VR-1s were a really solid track tire, they hold up great. Not sure how they do in the wet, compound wise.

I see what you were saying with clearance issues now, I was thinking you had clearance issues on the shock tower or inner arch stuff, not towards the outside
Old 03-08-2019, 07:54 AM   #215
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
The VR-1s were a really solid track tire, they hold up great. Not sure how they do in the wet, compound wise.

I see what you were saying with clearance issues now, I was thinking you had clearance issues on the shock tower or inner arch stuff, not towards the outside
The VR-1 are just an emergency plan for wet. I to am not sure how they will do. I'm still considering picking up H2Os, but they are expensive.

I think I did a poor job explaining the tire clearance issue. For me, on a NA, its all about clearance at the outside back of the wheel well. Especially that stupid tab that sticks out.

Side note, I just figured out that Neal Tovsen (CSP Nat Champ) was running the 295s on his NB.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #216
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Hohohoho

Its autox season. 295s have arrived!

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #217
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

It's still crazy to me you can run tires this wide. I'm surprised the power steering assembly and rack can move all that grip efficiently!
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:04 AM   #218
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Skreet tires were mounted. Some comparison shoots 245 vs 275 vs 295.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 03-28-2019, 03:29 PM   #219
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
I love seeing 3D modeling in build threads; I mean, it's what I do all day everyday at work, but it's awesome to see folks create their ideas from scratch. I hope the ITB setup works out. Also loving all the meat for the Miata.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:12 PM   #220
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
I love seeing 3D modeling in build threads; I mean, it's what I do all day everyday at work, but it's awesome to see folks create their ideas from scratch. I hope the ITB setup works out. Also loving all the meat for the Miata.
Well I'm a design engineer by day so sometimes I cant help myself. I haven't taken the time to take good measurements and verify the fitment but if I want to run itb I think it is the only option. Everything else out there looks really inefficient or won't fit.

I modeled my bushings and made drawings as well. Thought I might wanna sell them but I don't think it's worth the time. They are one offs as well.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-