Old 06-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #25
terfer
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8626

My Ride:
Turbo Benz & Evo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac st165 View Post
I'm a tech lol I know about tpms I was just saying even with no codes at all it would fail visual inspection. I'm not sure about the tire light making it fail though. I always just reset it and pass the car after I set the pressures. Are you rolling on rims that don't have the sensors in em?
Oh haha sorry, I was just wondering why you started speaking about emissions so I thought maybe you misunderstood what I was talking about. Yea the rims, simply don't have sensors in them so the light is on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
You're not going to fail because of your tpms light on. Pretty sure you can't fail someone for that. If the light was on I may check all the pressures. If the are fine then obviously they aren't in there or there is a malfunction. I may try to sell the customer the work to fix it but I can't fail them for it. Tpms is a dummy light. The main concern is the condition of the tire. If it's filled properly and has plenty of tread that's all you need to know.
Tires are new and filled properly...just missing the sensors which throws the light.
Too many Evo's
terfer is offline   Reply With Quote