View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #6
On Sale
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmilehatch
1. 3800 is for everything out the door? motor/trans/install/axles ... everything you need to drive it away?

Yes, completely installed, out the door. That is how all of the swap pricing is broken down.

2. What kind of warrenty is implied?

As with any used engine, there really is no warranty like you would receive from a dealership. We can however guarantee good compression, leakdown, correct install, no check engine lights, etc. Like mentioned in the beginning of the original post, if there are any problems with the engines we will know right away and get it rectified. We always recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump, before the engine is installed. We do not charge anything for replacing those items before the engine goes in. It is however, at the customer's discretion to purchase the parts. You really won't have any problems if everything is installed correctly, and nothing is half-assed. When we install an engine set for a customer, and there is obviously something wrong with the bottom end such as knock, spun bearings, etc, it will be dealt with between ourselves and suppliers. Here are just a few examples of our work:

S13 SR20DET into S14 custom engine harness:

'95 OBD-1 B18B into '91 OBD-0 CRX:

S14 SR20DET into S14 (which I have been driving everyday for the past two years at the 285-300rwhp level, with no issues):

3. $300.00 more for LSD. What kind of lsd. Is that a type-r tranny?

The engine sets you see from Japan were available with LSD. So, B16A cable (Y1,YS1,S1,J1) and hydro (Y21,Y80,S80) transmissions are both available with LSD, as well as the B18C1 and B18C5 (Type R)

4. Would you guys be able to paint a engine bay when you take the old motor out?

Yes, but would obviously cost more depending on the quality of the job the customer was looking for. But it can be done, from a simple spray job to a professional level. If it was to be professionally done, we would deliver your car to someone we use that specializes in painting.

5. Is it cheaper if the motor is removed before the car is brought to you? If so how much cheaper? PM me if you dont want to post it.

If you decide to remove the engine yourself, we would require the original engine harness. I would say it would be roughly $150 to $200.00 cheaper.

awesome man, i will definetly be in touch with you guys. One more question here. Where are you guys located i coudnt find a exact location.

EDIT: Just went to your site and saw you guys did liora's sr20 ... nice work.