View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM   #19
foolio
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #4097

My Ride:
2000 GC/Swap

I will agree. Its very hard to say the cross drilling 100% works all the time no one really knows because there are so many different types of racing that people use our cars for. Drag racing, we are only looking at a few seconds of harsh use. But for those few seconds, the bearing are really taking a beating for the few people that running 30psi or more. Although its not very big out here yet, time attack people are having a hard time with our oiling systems. Im not sure why, I guess big power at super high RPMs for a longtime. Rally, Drivers really expect alot out of the cars. Everyone is really pushing the engines to the limit, people are really on the rev limiter or very high RPM again alot because of traction issues, of course. Road Racing, Lets look at the ICY team for a minute. When they were running the STis they didnt have alot of issues all season long and they where stock besides the suspensions. Good Tuning and Traction plays a huge part in why the cars stayed together. Even though they are running at high RPMs they shift before the limiter and such. The Torque curve is much like what you would see on a dyno. That is if they would stay in one gear. With Rally.. Your going from 0 RPM to 8500 back down and up with load on and off for a constant and very long time. So do I think that cross drilling works? To be honest I dont know. But as Troll says, oil volume is the only thing we can hope for on any of our blocks.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote