View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #44
turboman808
Tri-State Addict

Member #5285

Dam talk about going off on someone for posting some good information.

I didn't think Oakes has ever posted as if he is the end all be all of detailing.

I use off the shelf and botique products. My main wax is mothers reflections. Can buy it at any store. Same with meguirs soap which is the only one I use.

However I cannot get good quality sheepskin at a store. I have to order them boutique. I also cannot get meguirs 107 at a store which I use on harder clearcoats.

I cannot imagine not needing a buffer on a single car. How do you pull that off? I've never seen a car that didn't need to hit up with polish and a portercable. Either my eyes are imagining those microscopic scratches or you need glasses. Hell I have never seen a car brand new off the lot that didn't need a porter cable taken to it.

I'll tell you what I will personally go down to where both guys work and tell you what they do right and wrong and how the work they did came out. You guys up for it? I will take pictures and post them for the world to see.

I don't detail for a living but it is a hobby of mine and I take it very serious.
turboman808 is offline   Reply With Quote