Old 04-22-2010, 06:48 PM   #159
Drftpretty
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1994

My Ride:
98, Audi A4, 88 Rx7, 89 Vert, 71 Muscle, 96 Jeep, 75 Honda CB500T

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
not sure why you would ask though. I mean yes, you are being considerate, and the discussion is good in here, but why tell everyone you're going to have your gun on you?
Again, I was not asking, I was just making sure that people were aware if Sonic had a policy in place. I did not want Sonic to call the police or potentially cause a problem that would prevent us from returning next year. I didn't expect there to be such an outpouring of anti-gun ignorance. As I stated before, I will be CCing, I personally do not feel the need to OC unless like stated, on my bike.

I was not trying to flaunt anything or look "Badass." I was actually trying to bring it to the attention of anyone who possibly did not really think about what might result from someone who regularly OC's doing so at the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakes View Post
Hi Dave!

Keep arguing everyone, I like seeing the points made, I'm dead serious.

I'm still buying a gun, so I'm with the OP and his friends.
There is no need for anyone to feel intimidated by such harsh anti gun feelings here or anywhere else for that matter. If you are comfortable with guns and skilled in their use then why not exercise your right to carry one legally? If you don't thats also 100% cool. But don't expect those who do carry to be forced to change their normal LEGAL routine so that you feel safer. Our rights to OC are just as God given as your right to voice your dislike of it. No need to "beat anyones ass" or call the police. If someone is brandishing their firearm then you would have the right to "Beat their ass" or call the police. But in such a case where someone was brandishing a firearm they would become the target of everyone at the show who WAS legally carrying a concealed firearm or openly carrying a firearm. I bet then all of the anti-gun morons in here would be glad that people like myself, rodder, DC2, firefighter, and Jul were there exercising our rights and could protect them. People fail to look at the argument like that though.

Ask Willdue, he'll tell you. Anytime Im at his shop Ill unload my firearm and lay it on his work bench with the mag in my pocket. Responsible gun owners are an asset to the community. Not something to be feared and made to feel like a "Gun nut." It's always on my person or within reach. The is apart of being a responsible gun owner.

Maybe I shouldnt have said anything and just let the show turn into a **** storm like the Jeep show I was at.

For good measure, Heres my gf with my 1911 practicing her stance with a unloaded full-size. She too was scared of guns until I took her to the range and she was educated. She now enjoys shooting and goes with me weekly! I even bought her a gun of her own! : )

I love her!

I am really enjoying readding this discussion however!

S/N List
1911forum.com <-- Spanish Fly 1911
PAFOA <-- Zet70
Hipointforums <-- LTCF Holder
2. How many of my peers carry guns.

Last edited by Drftpretty; 04-22-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Drftpretty is offline   Reply With Quote