Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #155
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brian~ View Post
The way it was explained to me when I got my license was if you have the license to conceal, there is NO legit reason to open carry. OC is not against the law in PA, but people who are less informed of gun laws see the gun and tend to freak out .. so why take the chance? Utilize the license the state gave you and keep the gun under your shirt.
Actually there are quite a few legitimate reasons why people choose to OC. One being the political and informative aspect, one being comfort, one being the ability to get to your weapon more quickly, and one being the concept that bad guys don't commit crimes where there are visibly armed people.

All or any of the above reasons is perfectly valid justification. Of course, the only real justification one needs when participating in a lawful behavior is simply that "they can". Unfortunately some people feel it is their right to insist on justification from people doing things they don't like.

When gun owners turn on each other over personal carry preferences is when we've all lost. We are not hunters, sportsmen, gun nuts, OCrs, CCrs, etc... we are gun owners and we need to stick together. What ever happened to the concept of "live and let live"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

rodder is offline   Reply With Quote