Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 AM   #1
420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
S14 wheel fitment question...

So I think I've decided on the Rota P45r's. Yeah, theyre rota's... but theyre sexy rota's. I think ive picked out the sizes I want.. the thing I need some help with is offset and tire sizes.

The sizes I'm thinking of are either 18x9.5 all around, or 17x9.5F (or 9"), 18x9.5R. When you ask most 240 guys about offset, they always push the lowest offset possible. Thats cool and all, and it looks great, but Im not all about the stretched tire look. I'd like to be able to fit some meat in the back.

The 18x9.5's come in +12, 20, 25, and 30mm offsets. Id think the 20 or 25 offset would still have decent concavity while allowing me to run like a 255 tire with no more than a roll? The car wont be going super low, just low enough that it doesnt look ridiculous.

For the fronts, I'm really not sure about. I dont plan on running coilovers (springs and shocks), and Ive read that that can affect the fitment differently... depending on whether I go with a 17 or 18 inch front wheel, what are my limitations for offset there? Im not trying to do more than a fender roll, but its still gotta look good.

Any input would be appreciated.