View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #145
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
So the NJ Pro was not a very successful event for me. No trophy and pretty mediocre driving. I was off pace for all of Saturday, I looked at data and video and knew I was massively under-driving. I went out on Sunday and picked up a full second on the left side to be within a couple of tenths of the leader. I knew there was a bit more time on that side, but I got a red light and over-drove a bit. The right side... what a poor performance. I was actually pretty decent compared to most of my competitors on the right side through Saturday, but I red lit a decent run. On Sunday I drove like an idiot, I lost 4 tenths in one corner by going too slowly trying to "diamond" the corner which bogged the engine on the exit. I unfortunately never realized what a mistake I was making on the right side finish, I was doing the same "too slow, bogging the engine" stuff because I was staring at the apex cone for too long and not opening up the corner entry to carry a bit more speed. Oh well, lessons learned and on to the next event!

Autocross on the Pocono infield road course on Saturday and Sunday I'm co-driving my dad's Fiesta ST at the PA Farm Show lot. A week off for spectating a rally, then off to Toledo for the Toledo ProSolo!

I'm dropping the RS off at the dealer for this Tuesday to finally have my transfer case leak fixed, so I shouldn't have any more little leaks Thankfully the leak was extremely minor, maybe a few drops every few thousand miles, but it made a mess.

Here are some pics from the NJ ProSolo

Gridded up and ready to rock on Saturday morning:

In grid on Sunday morning:

Pretty sweet 280Z:

I snapped a quick pic of a buddy on course, he just happened to hit a cone
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote