Old 01-18-2010, 12:15 AM   #12
Evo8kid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1631

My Ride:
contributes towards Global warming

Send a message via AIM to Evo8kid
You should come see it rich!

We just got done cleaning up from today, my buddy drew (baggedxtreme) is my co-pilot on this project. He's giving me a hand with everything, especially fixing and prepping the bay. A lot got done today, which is a step in the right direction. The Ka-t is out along with the engine harness. Almost everything is taken out of the bay except for brake lines (which are getting replaced and tucked), and fuel feed and return hoses, just until I label them. The engine was also leakdown tested and that was perfect.

About where I finished last night. The whole turbo kit is off and out of the way. The entire wiring harness is disconnected and put off the the side:

Now to today right after the engine was pulled. I know the bay was going to need some work, but now I can really get a grasp on what needs to get done to do it right. Someone rattle canned the bay black, you can see the paint runs on the firewall.

Now for the tons of things that are going to get fixed before the engine goes in. I somewhat know the history of the car, so this is going to turn into somewhat of a mild restoration as well. The car was in an accident on P/S front at one time, then it sat for 2 years on and off. Most of the cutting and modification done to the bay and frame was done because of the accident, then the turbo kit was installed which meant giant holes were cut in the bay for the intercooler piping and intake, and also modification for the S15 headlights. Everything could have been done better, but thats what we are fixing.

Damage from previous accident that was "fixed". This is supposed to have a "boxed" cover tack welded on top to square it off.

Passenger side where it was all cut out for the headlights and the hole that was cut in the battery tray for the I/C piping.

This is what we got accomplished so far after pulling the engine. This side of the bay had a hole cut for the intake and I/C piping (you can still see the lower part of the whole for the intake, which we havnt made a piece for yet) we just made a card board template and cut the piece of sheet metal and welded it in. There still needs to be a space for the headlights to fit into but it is going to be made a lot cleaner then the jagged cut metal look.

And here is what happenes when you take the cowl off a car that has sat for a while...

There was a rock and a bolt under there! This is where I found it..

Thats how it sits now, I'll be working on the bay periodically over the week after work.

2010 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2008 Audi RS4- 420 HP 4.2L V8
2004 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Evo8kid; 01-18-2010 at 12:41 AM.
Evo8kid is offline   Reply With Quote