Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
HAHAHAHA

OP, you have bigger fish to fry, or whale penis to fry, then worring about 1 HP from an intake. Don't drive your car into a river and you will be fine.
^This.

The difference between the two intakes will BARELY be noticable, if at all. If youre really that concerned about water, then switch it. Youll MOST LIKELY not ever suck up enough water to do any damage. The AEM bypass valves suck- they essentially turn your CAI into an SRI, and by that point you might as well just run the SRI.

IMO the best intake setup for a honda is a short ram intake tube, a velocity stack on the end of that, a cone filter over the velocity stack, and a comptech icebox around all of that. The comptech icebox isnt made anymore, but I was able to find one when I had my integra. Basically gives you all the pro's of a CAI with no chance of sucking up water (because the filter is still in the engine bay, and the icebox isnt watertight). So if the bottom of the icebox went under water, there wouldnt be sufficient suction to bring the water up into the intake and into the engine.