View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Day One: First Impression
What did I get myself into?

Overall, the car was in good enough condition that it could easily be put back together and driven the way it sat. A few minor issues here and there, but definitely a good solid car.

The exterior body panels are all straight, and without body work. This is what I do for a living so I was all over it searching for mud-work. The only spot I found that had been repaired was the passenger quarter, right in front of the wheel. The work was done well, body filler is thin and the area is small so I'm not concerned with it. Obviosly something happened to the front end, because of the different color body panels. The first thing I did was measure the vital areas for squareness, and everything checked out. perfectly square.

Aside from being real dirty, the interior was complete and in pretty good condition... much better than many other mid-nineties Hondas I'd say. The original 94-97 GSR black leather seats were a bit faded and cracked, but well taken care of and looked great for their age. I'd say they're probably the cleanest old-style GSR seats I've seen yet. The dash is perfect.. carpet was filthy and stained (nothing a little effort with the extractor couldn't fix).

The engine bay was pretty bad. Faded paint and leaves and GREASE.. man the grease was everywhere. One or both of the now destroyed B series axles must have gotten ripped boots when the car was still being driven because all their contents were thrown into every possible place from the framerails down. The good part is that everything was there and there was NO RUST!

There aren't many aftermarket parts that were on the car, except for the exhaust, wheels, and lowering springs. The exhaust is a real APEXi N1 (with the resonator cut out). There's a 'custom' cat-delete too. Springs are some no name rusty things. The wheels? Your guess is as good as mine.. they're 14's.

Here are a few pics of the car the day I bought it:

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 05-09-2011 at 08:24 AM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote