Oakes
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4384

My Ride:
2010 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Send a message via AIM to Oakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420sx View Post
Yeah, thats the only reason Im reluctant to set a date. It seems like theres a decent amount of support for this though- I think if I get some help spreading the word, we could pull off a January dyno day, but youre right- exotics probably wont be there. But Id still like to do it sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
Ken you dont have to rush a date. I can wait till spring time so that we can get a better turn out. I've been stuck like this for years. The third anniversary of the accident is actually less than 3 weeks away. A couple more months of waiting won't kill me, I hope haha. But I believe that springtime would probably be the best. Since its long enough after the holidays, that it would give people a chance to install the new parts they might have gotten over the winter. And then they can then come to get the car tuned and ready for the warm weather.
The problem with planning events like this, is you want a lot of interest and enough time to get it...however you dont want it far enough away for people to forget about it. Especially a first time event.

However, events with a good cause are a lot easier to remember than some so-so meet for burgers or something.

In either case, when you get a date and idea, let me know and send me the info so I can spread it around to the good parties.

Just keep it as a benefit for max meet too.
Oakes is offline   Reply With Quote