Old 07-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
DocWalt's 2016 Focus RS

I picked up a 2016 Focus RS in Nitrous Blue recently. It's got the RS2 package, forged 19" wheels, & Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. I'm really enjoying it so far, it's quick, rides pretty well, handles pretty well, and really attracts attention (from both genders )

Picked up with just under 8 miles (rolled over as the pic was snapped)

The blue REALLY changes in different lighting. It looks really bright here, but isn't as bright in other lighting. It's pretty neat

The least inspiring looking 350hp engine I've ever seen... It sure motivates some movement though

The bit I've driven the RS, it seems like a great driver's car. It really gets up and goes, has great torque with the 2.3L engine, even off boost. Cornering is a lot like my Evo X was, direct and easy to manage. The limits are quite high and the car's balance is pretty awesome so far. Definitely less oversteer than the BRZ, but it's pretty awesome just driving into a corner and exiting at WOT with the AWD system shuffling power around to make the car go where you want it to. The exhaust noise from outside is also pretty awesome. The cracks & pops in sport exhaust are VERY loud, and the exhaust isn't quiet for a factory exhaust. The exhaust is way too quiet inside though, there's a LOT of sound deadening, which is great for any sort of highway driving.

Interior quality is miles better than the Evo X. Seats are great like the Evo but otherwise the interior is miles better, there's actual style and it's awesome actually having meaningful gauges... The Sync 3 system is great so far too. Sound system is a bit flat, even with the sub. I'll have to play with the EQ (unfortunately only 3 band) and see what I can improve. Unfortunately I have a weird squeaky noise from the passenger A-pillar, sounds like it's rubbing on the dash. Completely unnoticeable with the windows down.

The paint color is simply astonishing. Just sooooo good, in my opinion. The paint quality is also pretty fantastic, super smooth. Unfortunately it's still a cheap car and there's a couple of small areas on the hood (splotches I guess) where the blue is a lighter color. Not sure what happened during painting to cause that, but it's a four stage paint so it'll be next to impossible to match perfectly so I'm unsure if I want the dealer to try fixing it.

The gas mileage is pretty abysmal, the interior is smaller than I expected because the front Recaro seats are so thick, the build quality isn't great for a car this expensive, but man, the way this car drives... They really got it right, I really hope it holds well, I'll be putting it through a lot of abuse.
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote