Old 05-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by k!mmy View Post
I recently just had major surgery this past April on my hip.... they put tubes down my throat like some people have mentioned - which does suck cause you do wake up feeling like youve got a dry scratchy throat. It doesnt sound like yours will be too extensive, when they did mine, they cut my muscle and regraphed it (in my hip,to knee) to make it longer, removed the bursa and shaved down my hip bone....along with removing scar tissue... .Recovery is still happening, Im not 100% yet but the sooner you move around the faster you heal, just as long as your gentle with it. I imagine you should be good to go in no time... I was up and hobbling around in the first 5 days... You might also wake up from the anesthesia with the shakes/chills. That's happened to me every time. DO NOT EAT no matter what, before surgery cause if they find out you did, they will postpone your surgery.
tubes suck lol..

they had to do the tubes/life support because they were doing surgery right under my collar bone on my neck, so if they hit a major vein/artery i'd be safer on the machines. Probably the same thing with you.. there are huge veins and arteries in that area.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote