View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #44
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danronian View Post
That part number lookup should be a big help, but don't discount the pistons being swapped out as well since it does appear to be a modified motor, and higher compression pistons are quite cheap for the 350.

Hopefully it turns out to be a replaced longblock with a somewhat recent one, and that would probably tell you it's untouched, but the old-style valve cover bolts (not the center-hole ones) hints to it being a pre-80s motor.

I've heard summit is a helpful tech resource, so hopefully they point you in the right direction. The only complaint I have about summit is the bolt kits they sell are junk. I tried them for my intake manifold and headers, and most of the stripped.... Only go with ARPs for the bolt kits (and small bolt heads are SO helpfuly for working around headers and to get to some of the intake manifold bolts).
I was told the motor was taken out of a '71 camaro. As far as pistons go... yeah, no idea. The previous owner made no mention...

So far, the name of this truck seems to be "Frankentruck".. the frame from a '72 c/10, the body of a '69 c/10 and an engine from a '71 camaro.

ideally, whats going to happen is I'll have the engine rebuilt and have the internals and heads replaced with something that will support the supercharger when i get that. I just need to find a good shop that won't dick me over and who knows what they're doing.

Or find a spot in poolmike's garage and I can learn how to rebuild an engine from him lol
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote