DocWalt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10805

My Ride:
'92 GTI, '19 MX-5

Send a message via AIM to DocWalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Fun video but disagree with the ending statement. How is lightweight aluminum bad?

Ford has a lot of room for improvement in usage of high strength steel and aluminum to cut down on weight - I'm surprised the GT350R didn't use more.

Historically, this is pretty much the norm as far back as I can remember. The GM product offers more performance off the showroom floor, better chassis, better dynamics, but it costs a bit more. The Mustang has always been a little more of something for everyone and the cost leader of the segment resulting in many more sales.

I think Everyday Driver sums it up nicely that with the latest generation of Mustang and Camaro, the weaknesses are all gone so it now just comes down to which one you prefer. We no longer have to compare a single valve head modular V8 vs. an LS1, a T-5 transmission or a 4 speed auto, a 4 link rear suspension or a 3 link, etc.

Great time to be alive!
Yeah, lightweight aluminum is good. I do think Ford could spend more time/effort on the light weighting, as I said. GM is definitely the leader in that. Unfortunately that means their trucks aren't exactly the stiffest things out there...

I do agree that it's pretty awesome that you can flip a coin and end up with a good car either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
Oh and I've officially moved south to Richmond now and have my own garage again! It's a really tight fit with the wide Camaro, but I'm looking forward to turning it into a decent shop to tinker in. I've also signed up for my first Richmond autocross with the car on the 29th. There are about 30 people running and only one other car in the CAM class.
Have fun!

Congrats on the new digs
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote