View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
95naSTA
Tri-State Addict

Member #6568

My Ride:
95 Bonnie, 98 i30, 07 Ducati Monster S2R 800

6 Speed Manual 95 Bonnie Build (Update 8/17)

I've owned an n/a 95 Bonneville for 7 out of the past 8 years. I learned a lot of what not to do with my first and made my second much better.

Over the past three years I've done DIY front coilovers, custom rear springs with air assist struts, LS1 front brakes, E39 headlight conversion, shaved a couple things, black onyx 202 paint, new carpet and headliner, and spaced out some Super RSes.

I did cam/heads/headers and pretty much every n/a bolt on (3800 series 2) but the engine is very very tired. It burnt a lot of oil and had poop compression. (wet test confirmed rings)

I had been planning a new n/a build for a while now and it was scheduled to go down this winter. A very nice lady decided to cut infront of me as hard as she could on 95 to apparently avoid and accident a couple weeks ago. This had me trying to squeeze between her and a jersey barrier. I never hit her but I did hook my wheel on the barrier, pop up slam down, poked my hood with my strut, bottomed out my subframe, crack my trans, ruin one of my Super RSes (fml), and scraped my mirror.

So, my build started a little early.

Here's the short list. And keep in mind I know all about how far you can take these engines with a heat gun m90 or a properly sized turbo. I just want to see how far I can take it n/a while still being streetable. hp/$ blows but it's more interesting to me.

05 low mile short block
home made longtubes with upswept 33" long primaries
Abbott racing cam and stage 3 heads milled 0.050"
(these heads have a near perfect I/E flow ratio)
shorter intake runners (HV3)
69mm TB
EWP
roller tip rockers
and some other things..

I rebuilt the trans (4t60-e) with better clutches 3.43s and a shift kit

And I do all my tuning via EFI live and TunerCATs RT. (I'm OBD1.5)

There's going to be a lot of polished/painted/AN stuff going on and I would like to relocate and clean up as much crap in the bay as I can.. In addition to a fresh spray.

When I bought it:

Nowish

95 love

New Set (9/10")

Headers

On the car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd-yRwWZYLY

Polished crap:
http://picasaweb.google.com/cooneym6...eat=directlink

And the pull

Last edited by 95naSTA; 08-17-2017 at 10:16 PM.
95naSTA is offline   Reply With Quote