View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
Vez
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #8445

My Ride:
2007 UGM Subaru Impreza WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

The cop on the Stand:
She calls the cop to the stand (everything we knew about appeals structure, which was next to nothing, pointed to no witnesses and merely 2 parties stating their cases for 10-30 minutes, the judge asking questions, and that’s it). So, this was a little surprise. On the stand he testifies that my exhaust is louder than an regular one, that there were row homes 5-6 feet away from the road and that he was in the pool supply parking lot when he heard me. He was asked to describe my exhaust and in the process said it was 4” wide….so I started smiling and shaking my head for him to see me and he stuttered and changed it to about 4”. You were able to tell he didn’t have a good feeling about any of this. I get to cross examine him

“Officer, during the last trial, where did you say where you were when you heard me?” “I spoke in error during the last trial.” “So, you’re saying that while you were under oath, you said you were certain you were passing me when you heard me. I then asked if you remembered telling me, after you pulled me over, you were in the pool supply parking lot when you heard me, and you told me you remembered no such thing.” “I spoke in error during the last trial.” “Yes, you did and you were certain of your answer.” “You said my exhaust is louder than a regular exhaust. What is the average dB level of a regular exhaust?” “I don’t know” “Oh…that’s okay. What is the dB level of MY exhaust?” “I don’t know.” “Did you take any measurements?” “No.” “You also mentioned row homes 5-6’ away from the road. Did you know that according to Chapter 157, Title 67, that any obstruction, even as small as a mailbox, can amplify sound and that these regulations have specific adjustments to compensate for such increases?” “No.” “I have no further questions.”
Vez is offline   Reply With Quote