View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 07:40 PM   #16
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrace03 View Post
During my internship with SOA, i asked about why we lost models like the hatch or turbo leggy wagons.

In short the answer is: "Because for every one enthusiest car that sells over the course of 3 months, we could sell 10 outbacks/foresters/legacys using that same parking spot"

I guess the enthusiasts killed it really. People said they'd buy it, but then they never do, or they wait and buy used. So i guess from a macro level it makes sense.

Luckily I think subaru will always make the wrx/sti, its their hero car and very important to their roots. Unfortunately I dont think we'll see a hatch again
Same story when I worked at VWoA. Enthusiasts are such a small niche of the overall market they just didn’t matter much.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote