Old 06-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #38
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
6/14/09

Centerline wheels & C5 Vette brake upgrade complete!

Well over the weekend I finally had the chance to install the following Wheel/Brake upgrade items:

Centerline Monsoon Series - Storm 17"x7" High-Polished Wheels
General Exclaim UHP 245/45/ZR17 Tires
Goodridge Steel Brake Hoses
C5 Corvette Front Brake Calipers painted Gunmetal Gray
F-body Camaro Front Brake Caliper Brackets painted Black, Pads, and 12” Rotors
Morse Ceramic Front/Rear Brake Pads
EBC Ultimax BlackDash USR Slotted Front/Rear Rotors

My stock braking system was lacking greatly with the modifications I have installed into my car. Upgrading my brakes should have been one of the first items I did however finding what I was looking for took some time. The funny thing is on the way to my buddy’s garage to install all these upgrades I almost rear-ended someone that slammed their brakes on right in front of me. With all the extra weight in my car plus my lacking braking system it was way too close for comfort. So I knew I just had to get this done this weekend. I took some quick pictures while I was doing the work and right after. They aren’t the best but you get the idea.

Stock front setup with 10.9” plain rotor and single piston cast-iron caliper

Upgraded front setup with 12” slotted rotor and C5 Corvette dual piston aluminum caliper

Stock rear setup with plain rotor

Upgraded rear setup with slotted rotor

Stock front 10.9” rotor vs 12” slotted rotor

Stock front single piston caliper vs C5 Corvette dual piston caliper

Stock front brake pad vs F-body Camaro pad

Front Wheel

Finished Work

I was worried there was going to be too much wheel gap being I was going with a 45 series tall tire and my car only has a 1.3” drop. After dropping the car onto the ground there was some wheel gap. However thankfully this morning after the suspension had time to settle the wheel gap isn’t that bad.

I have to say the upgrades were well worth it. The car handles/performs/brakes much better than it did before. Also shedding 50lbs+ possibly will help me with gas mileage and as well performance. With the much lighter wheels/tires that will also help with taking some stress off my axles and transmission. The car does seem faster to me then it did before so I must have taken off some weight. However that could all just be in my mind hah.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)

Last edited by GeforceXtreme; 06-14-2009 at 07:21 PM.
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote