Old 01-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I've also done some maintenance and have some more to do still...

I changed the motor oil when I got it, and changed the transmission fluid as well. When I drained the transmission fluid it had a lot of metal flake in it. Makes sense since its almost impossible to shift into 1st, 2nd, or 3rd when the vehicle is at a complete stop once it warms up. I know how to drive it to get around that so I'm just making due since I don't want to put down the cash to buy a replacement or have it rebuilt. This was in a red pain so the fluid was light in color but you can see all the gold flake in it which is what once was my synchros.

Also changed my plugs yesterday, should have done that sooner especially after seeing the old ones... almost no electrode left. The feeler in place is the .035" that the gap should be, these were more than double that! So hopefully the fresh plugs help.

I also replaced the ripped bow straps on the soft top frame which made an awesome difference in having the top fit tighter and straighter, and reduce flapping noise from the wind. I bought the raw strap material and cut them to size. Also got great use out of my soldering iron to singe the edges to prevent fraying and also to make the new holes for the rivets. Unfortunately I don't have installed pics but the straps go on the outside corners connecting the middle and rear soft top frame to keep things tight.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 01-02-2014 at 02:56 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote