View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 07:36 AM   #7
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Thanks guys. Just trying to do my part and add another active thread to the forum, lol. Honestly, I feel inspired looking through the handful of active threads on here; I don't know, maybe it's our age showing, but forum build threads with good pictures and descriptions just do it for me. Anyway, this is the first time I've made a conscious effort to photograph just about every little thing I'm doing. I'll try to keep the pictures rolling.

Yeah, the engine bay is less than ideal for a turbo setup, but I think it'll be a lot better after cleaning some things up and relocating some things. I'm going to yank a lot of the mess of vacuum hoses (electronic boost controller, fuel/evap crap, etc) and I'm going to move the coolant reservoir/try to simplify some coolant plumbing. Flamesuit on, but I ditched the washer fluid tank, lines, headlight washers, and started pulling the AC last night. It's going to be closer to a racecar than most people would probably like for a comfortable grand touring-ish car, but I want to free up as much space and weight as possible. Resale may dwindle, but whatever.

The goal is mainly just a decently quick and fun street car to drive to work a couple nice days and on the weekends whenever all my friends have their nice cars out. Short term goals are just to get some things cleaned up and get it back to full power and on the road so I can enjoy it lol. It'll probably see the drag strip once or twice a year to see how it MPHs. Basically, I want keep up with the rest of the guys lol.

Longer term goals are more power and would love to trap 125-130mph, but much more power than what it's tuned for now would require rods.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote