View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
projexxx
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3277

My Ride:
1992 Cressida, 1998 T4R

I've got a shafty xs750. its easy to stretch or hardtail. just like any other frame, do it in a jig so the bike rides straight. then sleeve the driveshaft with DOM tubing. get on thechopperunderground.com and do a few searches. i have seen 30 different shaft stretches done 30 different ways. no company makes a bolt on solution for it so everyone thinks its impossible or involves black magic and voodoo. as far as YICS, theres a simple elegant solution. change the carbs! i have CV mikunis on mine which are finicky enough. there are quite a few builders, who in the interest of simplicity ditch the individual carbs in favor of a manifold and a single carb.

why bother with dumping money on gauges? you have a speedo that works. as long as you can see it and your aray of idiot lights while youre seated it will pass inspection. make a bracket out of some old crap you have laying around and mount the speedo where you want it. you don't need a tach. I've seen some dudes mount the speedo next to the tank, just above the head. but its your bike and your money.
projexxx is offline   Reply With Quote