Old 09-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #25
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue91lx View Post
E85 FTW! In my Evo days, folks would claim it was 40% less (more?) efficient in relation to MPG, but it destroyed everyones injectors so often I never dabbled myself.

Can you see the difference in your IDCs with the E85 vs 93 or is that controlled via the factory flex fuel sensor?
I have not looked at the duty cycle, but I have 1000cc injectors and when tuned on pump gas they weren't even at 50%. It is all controlled via factory flex fuel and to my understanding adds 3* of timing at 100% ethanol. I actually went to install a GM sensor, climbed under the truck, and found that it was a factory option on the truck! just a quick flip of the ECU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
If I remember correctly from my Evo days. E85 makes more power because you can put a whole lot more fuel in the cylinder and still have it burn completely, which lets you put more air in, etc. This means burning more fuel, bigger injector and fuel pump possibly, but with a significant increase in power.
I did some reading as well and you're spot on. Its a shame my connecting rods are the weak link, other wise id turn it up a bit more

also, heres an IG/FB pic i dont think i shared here. Little bit of bondo and paint will make it something it really aint....

rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote