Old 01-18-2014, 11:54 PM   #15
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
In the past week or two I've been prepping for my new suspension install.

Decided on Currie 4" springs after reading lots of good reviews about ride quality, looking forward to getting them in.
Also serviced the used Rubicon Express control arms I bought - snugged up the balljoints on the one end of each control arm and replaced the polyurethane bushings on the other end of each arm. Also got a new bushing for the front track bar.

I'm going from a 2" body lift with 2" springs spacers that came on the Jeep when I got it to a true 4" suspension lift with aftermarket springs. Today I removed the 2" body lift from the Jeep, and that 2" difference makes a big difference getting in and out and also visually. It will be raised back up after tomorrow when I get the new springs in, but I was surprised at how much of a difference the 2" makes.

On the list to install tomorrow are:
Currie 4" springs
Rancho 9000XL shocks
Rubicon Express SuperFlex adjustable upper and fixed lower control arms
Rubicon Express front adjustable track bar and rear track bar bracket
YJ front brake lines (4" longer than TJ lines)
Rubicon Express Quick Disconnect front end links and fixed rear end links

During the install I'll stuff the suspension and measure for proper bump stop length, and have to add those later (soon).
Also need to keep an eye on clearance between the rear shocks and rear lower spring perches, I hear there is a clearance issue there.
After the install I'll measure for correct driveshaft length and order a SYE and a CV driveshaft to avoid driveline vibrations from the lift, then get the whole thing aligned properly to finish it up.

Other projects if there is time (unlikely):
Replace leaking front pinion seal
Replace distrubitor cap and rotor which have unknown mileage on them, and seal them better to prevent any more issues with water

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote