View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #389
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Ford's gotta step up their game on the weight savings! Interesting that the GT350 and 1LE are essentially the same weight, even with all of the crazy stuff GM did to save weight on the underside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNg-BdwFjLk
Fun video but disagree with the ending statement. How is lightweight aluminum bad?

Ford has a lot of room for improvement in usage of high strength steel and aluminum to cut down on weight - I'm surprised the GT350R didn't use more.

Historically, this is pretty much the norm as far back as I can remember. The GM product offers more performance off the showroom floor, better chassis, better dynamics, but it costs a bit more. The Mustang has always been a little more of something for everyone and the cost leader of the segment resulting in many more sales.

I think Everyday Driver sums it up nicely that with the latest generation of Mustang and Camaro, the weaknesses are all gone so it now just comes down to which one you prefer. We no longer have to compare a single valve head modular V8 vs. an LS1, a T-5 transmission or a 4 speed auto, a 4 link rear suspension or a 3 link, etc.

Great time to be alive!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote