PunkboySL2
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7050

My Ride:
Saturns> 94' SW2, 94' SC2

Send a message via AIM to PunkboySL2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SovXietday View Post
Stop. You have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

OP, I don't think you know what it takes to do either build, so I would just leave it the way it is. Your mod list is... all over the place. You've addressed all the wrong areas, under addressed some of the most crucial, and completely missed the rest.
I didn't read through the entire thread, but Aaron pretty much got it right here.

I'll say something from personal experience, when you boost something and you want it to last make sure you build with quality parts where it matters (turbo, wastegate, BOV, intercooler, etc) and absolutely make sure that it is tuned properly. People said I shouldn't have ran 11psi on a T3 on a stock saturn motor for months and months without it melting pistons, breaking ring lands etc etc. Well I did just that with a slapped together turbo kit and a good tune. I doubled factory horsepower at only 7 psi and the car has been running reliably (minus a few things not having to do with being boosted) for over a year and the same motor was in my other car which was also running 11psi on a bigger turbo, was beaten on a lot, taken to the track, ran on the dyno, and driven everywhere.

Basically if you're going to boost it do a lot of research and learn what it takes exactly to turbo your car and have it be reliable. People make it sound a lot more difficult than it actually is because well, people are generally stupid and don't know how to build cars lol. That is why they blow up their ****.

Also, 700cc injectors for an N/A B series build lolol WUT?! You sir need to stop the advice giving until you learn some more about automobiles.
96 Saturn SL2m - built, then wrecked [RIP]

Last edited by PunkboySL2; 11-19-2012 at 10:06 PM.
PunkboySL2 is offline   Reply With Quote