Old 04-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #414
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBTrends Tom View Post
They should have some type of screening for VIP cars.. Half of the cars in the VIP section didn't even belong there. Like the other guy stated im not trying to trash talk anyone's car, but it was ridiculous that cars in OTHER lot across the street had better cars in it. I see VIP cars as gt-r's, supras, clean sti's and evos etc.. not stanced out hondas on stock wheels with paint peeling off..

also we ended up leaving early and telling friends not to even show up, fix some of it and it would be a good meet.
This is just an ignorant thought. VIP entailed you made larger donation to the cause. Who cares what you drove to the meet in? The fact is those people paid extra hence why they got to park whatever vehicle they brought to the meet, in the front area.

I'm glad you have such a narrow thought band on what makes a car "VIP". Not to sound like a pompous douche myself, but it honestly looked like my Juke (which aside from being lowered a little bit, looks pretty stock on the outside) seemed to get more attention then those EVOs, STIs, Supra, and R35s. Maybe it was because everyone has seen worked Mk IV Supra, EVOs and STIs (except for that baller ass EVO IV, that thing was so sweet), and R35s are not all that rare to see anymore. Not saying all those cars weren't gorgeous, because God damn they were.

What I am saying is that different and unique has a place among those standard VIP cars. I paid my 25$ for VIP parking, and it seemed like peopel really enjoyed looking and talking to me about my Juke. I was completely blown away at the reception my little BattleToad got.

Also, to be honest, for every nice STI and EVO I see, I see ones that have been through 5 owners (most likely all kids) and are beat to ****, and are running like crap.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote