Old 03-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #37
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
3/9/09

After getting my car painted back in June/July 2008 I decided with the amount of expenses and miles my car already had at the time I was going to retire it as my daily driver. So as we got into the winter months I parked my Regal and started driving a 4 cylinder 5 speed beater I picked up. I have been enjoying the amazing mpg and manual trans. Being that we are now getting closer to spring I think its time to bring the regal out again. I still have some work I have to do with the car. I still have to install my Corvette brake upgrade, install my PLX wideband, poly dog-bone bushings, and try to pick out a set of 17” rims so I can eventually install some much needed wider tires. The narrow 225 tires are just not cutting it anymore on this car.

With the amount of people going turbo these days in my car I have been extremely tempted to demod my setup and go turbo. However I feel like I just had this setup installed onto my car and I hardly have any runs on it. My best ¼ so far is 13.003 @ 108.31 on street tires and pump gas and pulling a 3500lbs sedan. At that time my car was putting down around 320WHP at around 10psi if I recall. So instead of going turbo my goal for 2009 is to break into the 12’s on my everyday 225 wide street tires and pump gas. I want to break 12’s on a street setup before slapping on a set of drag radials which would make it all the much easier to accomplish this goal. I am not sure if I am going to be able to get off the line any faster then I am now. I just hope with my wideband installed, much better tuning because of the wideband installed, and possibly drop to a smaller pulley I can pull off 12’s finally on a street trim. I am so close it stinks! I just hope the first time I take it onto the track for 2009 I can somehow pull off a 12.99. My 108mph trap time is definitely there. I just need to do better then a 2.1 60 foot to get me that 12 second run finally. I plan to be going back to Atco to accomplish this so hopefully some of you guys will be there to catch my goal for 12’s. Wish me luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote