View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #332
fastflyinaccord
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20609

My Ride:
2000 CG3 Accord

Honestly, I can't believe some people are saying "it was a waste of time or money." This meet is always one of the more relaxed meets of the year. There are a lot of cars being fit into a small area. Perhaps the parking situation would have been better if they could have used the center portion of the runway that was blocked off by concrete blocks.

Aside from the burnouts and directing traffic, I didn't really see any need to have Police presence there. The only reason it got jammed up was that everyone tried to leave at once. If you don't want to sit in traffic, pull out a chair and relax for a while or park down the street and walk to the event.

I thought that the amount of "general douchebaggery" was kept to a minimum for the amount of cars and people that were there. I didn't even notice a lot of loud music, maybe a car or two as we walked through the lot. Again, there is always going to be someone in the crowd.

As for the GTR leaving thing, it's his prerogative to stay or go. Honestly, many of us wouldn't see a danger in parking a stock height car on grass. Then again, the vast majority of us did not pull into the meet in an $80,000 dollar car.

All in all, I had fun. It's an awesome venue for a meet and the weather was absolutely perfect for this time of year. Can't wait for next year!!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

fastflyinaccord is offline   Reply With Quote