Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #328
DropItLow
Noob-Jersey

Member #25800

My Ride:
r35 gt-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7scayman View Post
Did anyone see the R35 GTR that left because he refused to park in the grass after all parking spots were full? It wasn't even lowered.
I joined just to respond to this post because I know the r35 owner.

So hate on a guy who loves his car (the car, in case anyone cared, had a switzer p800 kit, r888's, and jrz 2-way suspension) for not parking on the grass? "You're not even low, bro". Like really? I guess he should have parked in the soft grass, bottomed out and ripped his front splitter off to "fit in" right? Comments like these kill the community. This being my first tri-state tuners event and time on the forums have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I heard a lot of good things about last years meet but after attending this year's I certainly will not be back. I know I'm not the only that feels this way and a few of the guys I was with actually called their friends and told them it wasn't worth the trip down. These events are *supposed* to be about people getting together with similar interests (modified cars) and checking out other peoples rides while supporting a good cause. Between what I experienced and am reading here is something totally different than that.

Some observations:
  • Lack of signs directing traffic to the event - my group ended up on the wrong side of the park and drove around until we found other cars going to the event and followed them. Simple signs directing traffic from 276 would have saved alot of the headache.
  • VIP parking was a mess. On more than one occasion did a vendor working on something get too close to a parked car with his tools (just missed hitting the car). I had no issues parking or finding a spot in there but the organization of the cars was a joke.
  • Local PD's involvement was non-existant other than the dumb lady directing traffic.
  • Even people that broke EVERY rule posted were allowed to stay (no tents, alcohol, loud music, revving). Hint they were in the far side of the parking lot.
  • By the time I left, staff had already put an end to the burnouts. There are always people that will ruin things. Use staff to monitor the entrance/exit traffic and supply the local PD with video of people breaking the rules. They will receive their tickets in the mail and think twice about it next time.

If the money I paid for VIP parking was not going to a charity, I would have asked for my money back.
DropItLow is offline   Reply With Quote