View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
air cooled cool. 964, and ongoing triumph stuff.

might as well start a new thread. after years of wanting one for years and months of searching i found my "perfect' air cooled pcar. shes a 1990 911 c2. old enough to drink.
originally i wanted to go older. like a late 70s or early 80s 3.0, or a later 3.2sc. i had totally discounted the 993 as too modern,
enter the 964. 3.6, power steering, abs, but its the last of the hand built cars, and has a lot of the sc/3.0 dna. the perfect blend. drove a few, had PPIs done that i wasnt crazy about.. finally i found this one in miami. funny as my white exige and my rs4 both were florida cars. anyway, long story short, she will be here monday

plans are to drive it year round and build it into a rsa/hotrod. already on the way are

recaro pole positions in black leather/suede
rsa black carpet kit. deletes the rear seats and replaces my tan interior
rsa door cards in black leather.
porsche designs momo steering wheel. momo hub

currently working on a deal to get the center console, shift boot ebrake and boot in black leather.. might have them, and the top edge of the door cards, and maaaaybe the wheel done in alcantara. we shall see

anyway, onto the pics

and shes on the rack right now having the few issues it had addressed.. new rear brake pads, new battery, wiper blades and a detail. the ppi came back totally clean. they actually ran the compression check 30 times because they felt the numbers were just too strong for an old motor.

the seats

the wheel

future plans.. suspension, exhaust tune (fabspeed) and wheels. HIDs since i drive a lot at night. and then the big stuff when its time.