View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 02:50 PM   #370
1000whpTSi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8766

My Ride:
1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

I agree with a lot of you guys. I've been a GM guy for 3/4 of my life. Raced super stock for years. I just started tuning/racing DSM's over the last 10 years. I have a family member that had GM sponsorship for decades. Now that I'm messing with imports he teases me all the time. But you can't argue with the facts. There are some seriously fast 4 and 6 cylinder out there. Some of them are actually domestic. So I think that helps the domestics guys except them a little easier. I mean one of the fastest N/A 4 cylinders in the world is a 400hp Quad 4 car. Not sure what the engine is in,but thats still pretty impressive.
Some of these 2.0 liters are making 1,300-1,400whp. The World Racing Scion TC makes 2,100hp and has less than 3.0 liters of displacement from a 4 cylinder. Granted the entire motor was made from billet aluminum. But thats still impressive. Thats would be like making 4,200hp out of a 5 liter V8. Or even the 2.0 liters. There are not a lot of 2,800whp 4.0 liter V8's running around. They are out there,yes. But they are not just gasoline powered streetable drag cars. Most 2,000-3,000 hp drag cars are running some sort of alcohol or NM. All I'm trying to say is that for their size todays forced induction 4 cylinders are making very impressive numbers. Some without even filling the block. Some of these guys are running factory cast iron blocks and aluminum heads without re-enforcing the cylinders with hard block at all.
I do have to say though. The aluminum modular 4.6 Ford motor has great capability. Just a few years back someone made well over 2,000whp with a factory 4.6 modular Ford bottom end. Now thats friggin' impressive. My point is that all kinds of vehicles can be fun and fast. Import,domestic,from another planet. Whatever.
92' Talon TSi-Drag car - GT4202 / Shearer top mount / Shep Dogbox / Haltech E11v2 / Weldon 2345-A / Hogan custom SMIM / Wilson Billit 90mm TB / J&S SAFEGAURD-Individual cylinder knock controll system / DSS Level 5 axles / DSS 3.5" HD Driveshaft /
1000whpTSi is offline   Reply With Quote